How is Amber Cove “Explore Best of Puerto Plata” excursion

Di+Bob

I found this one offered by shore excursions group for $69 each. They take you to Fort San Felipe, the Parque Independicia park, and then to the summit of Mount Isabela de Torres. They put you on the cable car tram to ride down then pick us back up at the bottom and return us to the cruise center. We want to do something besides the beach or water sports so this sounded interesting. I’m hoping someone here has taken this tour and can comment.

Alternatively, is there a way we could somehow see these things on our own without too much hassle and less expense?

OH! Just found a similar tour that does more for less money: Marysol Tours "Puerto Plata City Tours" thanks to a poster in another thread. Any comments on this one or others which are similar?

for the Marysol Tours, you will have to meet them outside the cruise terminal. if you have issues walking or have a disability, i rather spend the few extra dollars and get the ship tour that meets you near the ship.

for the Marysol Tours, you will have to meet them outside the cruise terminal. if you have issues walking or have a disability, i rather spend the few extra dollars and get the ship tour that meets you near the ship.

Thanks for the info. In our case we are OK for walking.

Bob