Playlist Productions Shows on Magic?

abisha

This is from another thread where the same question is being asked. This response includes the list of shows. I don't recognize any of them and we've only seen playlist shows the past few years on the Breeze. Further, they have Carnival Legends lists and I believe that would indicate a live band in the Main Theatre.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50968906&postcount=3

And in this review from a recent cruise references

....No live band for the one show they had. Seems every thing comes out of a can....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2395629&highlight=magic

I fear I see a trend re: entertainment on the Magic. I'm not a big fan of the Playlist shows on the Breeze...but can't imagine one live show during a 7 day cruise. Clearly does not include the Legends show at the end.

Hopefully someone will chime in here....preferably with good news. :-)

• 9 months later...
For those who have sailed on Magic very recently, have they switched to the Playlist productions shows yet? I am sailing on her in two months, so wondering what to expect.

Hi-just off Magic this morning and I can confirm they have the Playlist Production shows. There was a country music themed show, one from all of the great movie tunes, and the last nite which we missed was favorite piano tunes . Not bad performers overall really. Some were better than others. The productions were actually better than I expected.

We were on the Magic in January and had the same shows just listed. The country show (not my favorite music genre) was ok, but it was entertaining enough to keep my attention. The movie show was outstanding!!! The female lead singer was the best I have ever seen on a cruise ship. She could handle Adele, Celine and Whitney which is not an easy task. The last show was a rock music show and was pretty good. They didn't utilize the female lead from the previous show as much which was disappointing. All said, it's the best entertainment I've seen on Carnival in a long time.