Eggcrates can you get for pullout? how fast do they go?

starfamily

My son and I were in a bad car accident a few years ago, thankfully we were not terribly injured, I still have three herniated cervical discs and he still suffers from some lower back pain (poor kid is only 12) anyhow, he will be on the pullout couch in our mini suite on the Star in three weeks while DH and I have the main bed, can we get an eggcrate for both beds? How early do I need to request them, is there a way to do it before sailing like have our neurologist write a note or something? do they run out fast?

I requested one for the sofabed on the Grand when we boarded the ship, and my cabin steward told me there were none left. But what he did was get an extra sofabed mattress, and each night when he came in for turndown service, he would put the extra mattress on with another fitted sheet over it. Each a.m., he would remove the extra mattress and store it behind the sofabed. It was extremely comfortable, probably more so than the eggcrate would have been.

We requested foam toppers on our second night on the Star 2 weeks ago and got them. My 15 yr old son used the pull out in our Mini-suite the first night. It was horrid, like sleeping on cardboard. The pull out is wider than a twin so the toppers would not fit. He moved up to the pull down bunk with a foam topper and loved it. He could look right at the TV and out the door to the sea. We also could enter and exit our balcony with him using the upper. It would've been impossible with the sofa pulled out.

If you think your son may have difficulty navigating the ladder you may need to swap one of your twins that are made into a queen bed with him or do as JerseyGirl suggested.

Good Luck

LL

Archived