I think I know BUT maybe not!

Sea and Me

I think I know the answer but thought I'd see what the experts on CC know:) We are booked in a category BW on the Royal Princess. It sails 11/6 final payment was made. I booked it on a 3 for 1 sale! Now I see by their website that category BV is less money (not much) but the balconies that are there are unobstructed even though they say obstructed. (According to a CC poster that has pictures of obstructed cabins some of the BVs are not) I would like to switch cabins. Since the sale offered perks, specialty dining, free gratuities would it be possible to switch cabins and maybe give up the specialty dining and keep the free gratuities?? Would the cruise gods maybe smile on me?? Or am I being ridiculous?? (kind words please)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Carol

I agree with everyone else. Call. I was told I could change rooms and keep my promo as long as the promo was still running. If the promo had ended, I'd lose it. I switched rooms twice while the sip n sail was running and never lost the promo. Tried to change my room on another cruise that I have the sip n sail and since it ended, I would lose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carol P

We too are on the 11/6/16 Regal with an Obs. View BV balcony (there really isn't any obstruction and we are happy with our room) but noticed that the price went down. I asked my TA about possible shipboard credit from Princess and was told that Princess doesn't do that after final payment, which I understand, but thought I would try! I did not however ask about a change of rooms, so I would ask...for sure. You never know. It doesn't hurt to try. Let us know.

Donna

Carol P

We too are on the 11/6/16 Regal with an Obs. View BV balcony (there really isn't any obstruction and we are happy with our room) but noticed that the price went down. I asked my TA about possible shipboard credit from Princess and was told that Princess doesn't do that after final payment, which I understand, but thought I would try! I did not however ask about a change of rooms, so I would ask...for sure. You never know. It doesn't hurt to try. Let us know.

Donna

Just a couple of comments. Not all BV cabins are unobstructed. Only the ones forward where the angled balconies start are unobstructed. We usually book BV category on the Regal/Royal.

They don't give sbc after final? Try again until someone gives it to you. More likely they will upgrade, The key is if there is a better cabin available for the same price or less than what you originally paid, you should be able to get sbc or an upgrade. Last time that happened to us we were upgraded. Didn't loose previous benefits from the sale. If the lower price is due to another sale (not likely after final is made), then all bets off.

Carol P, just realized you are working through a TA. Good luck, but if they are any good they will do right by you. I was using a TA when we got the upgrade.

Edited by ILShipmates

Just a couple of comments. Not all BV cabins are unobstructed. Only the ones forward where the angled balconies start are unobstructed. We usually book BV category on the Regal/Royal.

They don't give sbc after final? Try again until someone gives it to you. More likely they will upgrade, The key is if there is a better cabin available for the same price or less than what you originally paid, you should be able to get sbc or an upgrade. Last time that happened to us we were upgraded. Didn't loose previous benefits from the sale. If the lower price is due to another sale (not likely after final is made), then all bets off.

Carol P, just realized you are working through a TA. Good luck, but if they are any good they will do right by you. I was using a TA when we got the upgrade.

I agree you have to do it repeatedly. That's why most prefer a good TA who can do this task for them.

Carol P

Donna

I don't know your situation but Princess gives a Military discount to vets and active military. Seeing TA will let you know.

Carol

To all you nice people that responded to my original post. After speaking with my TA and a few emails between us here is the answer:) We would lose the "perks" !! I wouldn't mind losing the dining perk but would the gratuities:( So we are keeping our original cabin. My TA said there might be a possibility of getting an upgrade closer to sailing seeing we are Platinum status (never had one don't think we'll get one but never know). In the meantime, I'm happy with his answer and looking forward to sailing in November. A friend said the Royal Princess is a beautiful ship. We'll soon see.

Thanks again everyone. Have a good day.

Carol