Voyager of the Seas Oct 2005

Just got back today from a 9 night cruise out of Cape Port Liberty to the Caribbean. I have to say leaving from Bayonne was really easier then we thought. In fact, we were checked in our room and had our luggage by 2pm (which I thought was amazing). The cruise itself was nice....leaving out of Bayonne in late October probably isn't the best idea. It was cold the day we left and really didn't warm up for 2 days and the same with the return. If we book a cruise in the future we will definately do it for the summer months. The food was average - nothing seemed to have a taste. The service was EXCELLENT. We had more people asking if they could get us one thing or another I couldn't believe it. There were only a few draw backs. We thought the crowd was rather rude and obnoxious. There was so much pushing, shoving and cutting in lines that it drove us nuts. I don't think many people knew the words "Excuse Me". The other draw back was the lack of activies on the ship. Some days we were BORED to death. There weren't really any organized sports tournaments or games to keep you occupied. I have to say that this part was a major disappointment. We had sail last year on Explorer of the Seas and had such a wonderful experience that I was really hoping for more of the same and they fell short. The cruise overall was alot of fun. We met some great people and saw a few good ports. Unfortunately, it just didn't live up to our expectations.

Archived