switching drink packages - couple questions

michaelaz

I have a ultimate package for me and wife , I noticed if I cancel ultimate and repurchase deluxe, we save $50. Am I losing anything ? I dont see it but just wanted to throw it out and since I used a credit card , how long until I get refund ? Should I repurchase right away so I dont lose sale price or wait for CC to appear.

thanks

I have a ultimate package for me and wife , I noticed if I cancel ultimate and repurchase deluxe, we save $50. Am I losing anything ? I dont see it but just wanted to throw it out and since I used a credit card , how long until I get refund ? Should I repurchase right away so I dont lose sale price or wait for CC to appear.

thanks

No, you're not losing anything. Credit card refunds typically take at least 5 business days but rumors indicate that time may be less. If the price of the Deluxe package is less or on sale for your sailing, act now as they come and go without warning.

Re losing nothing, I actually think the new deluxe is not quite the same as the ultimate, as the fine print at the bottom of the flyer states that max drink value is $12 and top end beers are not included. It may vary depending on Country. The new Deluxe appears to sit between the PP & UP packages as it offers the premium teas/coffee/juice over the PP but has a value cap and no top end beers that the UP has.

This is from the Australian perspective when I go through my cruise planner here. The deluxe price is identical to the PP price.

UP had the same beer restrictions and caps as the Deluxe has.

The beer thing has more to do with Chimay (a 750ml bottle). The $12 cap was normal with Oasis class at $13, and ships sailing with gratuity bundled into the menu price at $14. But most of the published material was for $12.

UP had the same beer restrictions and caps as the Deluxe has.

The beer thing has more to do with Chimay (a 750ml bottle). The $12 cap was normal with Oasis class at $13, and ships sailing with gratuity bundled into the menu price at $14. But most of the published material was for $12.

+1

These restrictions and cost limits were there before. No difference.

I actually downgraded our UP to PP before the change since they are automatically upgrading the PP to DP at no cost. :)

thanks

I noticed that they changed packages last week. I had also bought the ultimate package at $49/day. So I called RCL and asked if it is/was the same as the ultimate. They confirmed that it is. So I cancelled the ultimate and purchased the new deluxe package @ $46/day. The refund showed up on my cc transactions within 2-3 days.

Now I see the deluxe package is selling at $44/day. Wondering if I wanna cancel and rebook again. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums