Bringing soda onboard RCI

We have taken pop on board. They have not said a thing. However we only take a 6 pack or may 12 pack. I suppose if you were carring cases it might be another story. If we start to run low we watch in the next port we are in and get more. Again a six pack or so at a time.

AL

I have to stick with Diet Rite because of the no sodium/caffiene/sugar.... and I doubt they sell this at any of the ports. I was thinking of taking at least 3 12packs.... Do you think I should call the cruiseline before I go or just pack them and hope for the best?

I drink a lot of bottled water at home, which is very expensive to purchase on the ship. I pack it in a separate duffle bag in case it were to leak in flight or get lost. I have never had a problem bringing it on the ship.

We always bring the 20oz, resealable bottles. We ususally have some unopened bottles left at the end of the cruise and leave them for the cabin steward with a note asking them to enjoy (no this is not instead of a tip). Having been told by a hotel maid years ago that they could not take anything unless the guest gave them a note. We also leave behind any books we have finished reading.

I leave behind books also! I always leave a specific note for the housekeeping staff that the money on top of my note is for them. :)

I know when we sailed on Carnival last year, bringing soda onboard was a non-issue. They didn't even bat an eye.

We are just off the Monarch. We brought Diet Dr. Pepper and bottled water in a cooler onto the ship. It wasn't a problem getting it on. We even left some money for the stateroom attendant with a note and he kept the cooler full of ice for us.

I have to stick with Diet Rite because of the no sodium/caffiene/sugar.... and I doubt they sell this at any of the ports. I was thinking of taking at least 3 12packs.... Do you think I should call the cruiseline before I go or just pack them and hope for the best?

I would not call the cruiseline. When we went 3 weeks ago, we checked a cooler with drinks inside, full of ice :) and a wheeley suitcase with a 12 pack of soda and a case of bottled water. Boy they were heavy but noone said a word. The room steward kept ice in our cooler. We have carried soda and water on RCI, Disney and Princess and have never had any trouble. we saw a man with a luggage carrier type thing w/ 5 12 packs of soda, noone said a word.

I hope this doesn't sound stupid but do you put the soda in your luggage? Worried about explosion? All that throwing around of the luggage by the airlines; I would fear explosion! We do have a small carryon -I guess I could get a few c/free diet pepsis in that. Do they sell six packs of soda at Miami International Airport? Would like this to work out for me but I'm not going to sweat it too much....

I did not see any place to purchase drinks at the airport but perhaps you could take a taxi to the pier and ask him to stop at a store. We always purchase ours near the port and put it in our luggage. My friends carried theirs on and it was a nightmare. I put my 2 12-packs in my luggage and had nothing to carry and they arrived fine.

I hope this doesn't sound stupid but do you put the soda in your luggage? Worried about explosion? All that throwing around of the luggage by the airlines; I would fear explosion! We do have a small carryon -I guess I could get a few c/free diet pepsis in that. Do they sell six packs of soda at Miami International Airport? Would like this to work out for me but I'm not going to sweat it too much....

I have always packed my pop in my suitcase. I leave it in the 12 pack and haven't had any problems. I have heard of others having problems, but I haven't ever had any. If you are flying in the night before your cruise, you usually can find somewhere to buy some for the cruise.

i brought a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Thunder (Walmart) and wished i brought more. I wanted to get some red bull but didn't have enough time. It made great mixers. Also some water and other things:) Put it in a small cooler and that in a duffle bag and checked the whole thing. We just put cans in the fridge as we needed them.

We have a carry on suitcase (with wheels) that two 12 packs fit into perfectly. My wife brings a 12 pack of diet pepsi and I bring a 12 pack of coke zero (used to bring diet coke). We've been on a bunch of cruises and have never had a problem bringing it on board.

Tim

On another cruiseline we bought 12 12-packs (yes, twelve), of Diet Dr. Pepper and a roll of clear packing tape on our way from the hotel to the pier. (Taxi driver thought we were nuts!) When we got to the pier, we taped four 12 packs together, so we had three packages of four, if that makes sense. We taped our ship's luggage tags to each one and left it with our luggage with the porters, gave them a nice tip and hoped it would make it to our cabin. Sure enough, there it was later that day--with only one can missing!

I'm not sure if there is a policy against soda pop on RCCL.

Archived