Cruise Complainers

mabo

Im getting tired of it,i been on 10 Carnival cruise everytime i have cruise i run into at least 10 passengers that complain about everything on the ship. Anywhere from the room is to small to the drink are to pricey ect. Last cruise i went on in Sept i ran into this complainer. so i galdly ask him if i could assit with his luggage at the next port and pay for your ticket home. He was not a happy person. Maybe i did wrong but i finally got fed up. I rather be on a cruise than at work. Any remarks.

Here Here I have a SIL that complains about everything! I would never cruise with her. I told my DW that she is to never invite here to go..lol

I guess some people need to complain.

Me ,,,, the glass is half full.

I like the Idea about assisting with the luggage at the next port!!!:D

I don't want to hear the whiners either.

When we were debarking from my mother's first cruise, one lady was really complaining about the whole trip. (Ours was Conquest's first cruise out of Gulfport more than 2 years ago.) My mom had enough. She basically told the lady to be quiet and that she would go in her place on the next cruise. My children were surprised Grandma would tell off another person. She has quite a fire in her.

Regardless of what has happened (hurricanes, tropical storms), we've never had a "bad" cruise. It's vacation!

The complainers you will never make happy, when I read some of the reviews and complaining they think the world should be perfect, sorry life will never be perfect. Most of the time people bring the problems on themselves;) but they have to blame someone or something else. Its like pointing the finger there is always 3 others pointed back at you. We should start a list of all the things people complain about.:D My first one is I don't cruise enough.:D :D

Negativity of any kind irritates me physically...honestly, people who live to complain suck the air and energy out of a room.

I avoid them at all costs.

To the OP...I love how you responded to that passenger...good for you!

My parents went on an Alaskan cruise with my dad's two sisters who are both chronic complainers and "woe-is-me"ers - well, after a LOOOONG plane flight and an even longer 7 day cruise, my parents were exhausted. And after the two sisters roomed together for a week they vowed never to vacation with each other again - "Because SHE complains too much!" - They each said this, of course. I'm just glad I wasn't on the ship with them!

I like to hear some valid complaints on these threads because it sometimes helps me make cruise decisions to avoid them. But I agree there are people who complain constantly. The best (worst) I've heard was on our recent cruise to Veracruz and Merida. There was a group complaining because the two ports were too "Mexican". :confused:

Every restaurant, every amusement park, on the bus, in the Walgreens store, at McDonalds.

I WAS married to someone like that, and the worse part about these complainers, is that they also think they are "owed" something if everything is not perfect. Boy where is a mirror when you need one?;)

Haven't cruised yet, but I hear it all the time. Whine, whine, whine! I am going to carry some Cheese and bread with me on the cruise so i can just hand it out!

My sister is like that. She isn't happy unless everyone is UNhappy. Grrrr...I normally just throw her butt in the pool to shut her up...gives me a chance to run away! :D

Life is what you make it. I intend to make it the best I can, full of smiles and laughter.

I think some people wouldn't be satisified if everything went perfect! Instead of looking for the good, they look for the bad. It's one thing to let people know about problems on the cruise ship but another to complain about everything. We cruise to relax and we don't expect perfection - after all none of us are perfect so why expect a perfect cruise! I am sure there have been things that annoyed us but I honestly don't remember them - I remember all the fun and relaxation we have had on our cruises.

The family that I grew up in is ridden with Negativity!!! Negativity and grudge holding. Negativity and grudge holding and "whoa-is-me''-isms....It is exhausting!! It also makes me physically ill...they are horrifically difficult to be around. Thank goodness for a little distance!

mared1 - my parents are what you described - not happy unless they are complaining...what a sad existence!!

I was once "criticized" by my mother for being positive. Something to the note of, "Positiveness doesn't solve everything." Oooh How dare I?!?

We had been planning on taking my dad on an Alaskan cruise for an upcoming bday of his...nope. I cannot imagine a whole week of having to listen to it!!

"If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine." - Morris West

"Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it." - Charles R. Swindall

Have a good day everyone!!! :D

caprcorn28,

"Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it." - Charles R. Swindall

That is one of my favoriet quotes of all times!!!!! Chuck Swindall has some great stuff, and if most people would take that quote and make it a part of their lives, they would be much better off.

I am accused of being too positive sometimes. I try to find the good in ANY situation. I am not perfect at this by any means, but I try. I get so frustrated with people who look for the bad in any situation....what a miserable life.

Here Here I have a SIL that complains about everything! I would never cruise with her. I told my DW that she is to never invite here to go..lol

I guess some people need to complain.

Me ,,,, the glass is half full.

I like the Idea about assisting with the luggage at the next port!!!:D

Chuck, im with you always have a full drink.

Every restaurant, every amusement park, on the bus, in the Walgreens store, at McDonalds.

I WAS married to someone like that, and the worse part about these complainers, is that they also think they are "owed" something if everything is not perfect. Boy where is a mirror when you need one?;)

I, too, WAS married to one of them..for 18 long years....EVERYTHING was negative...it just sucks the life right out of you and starts to make you miserable...thank GOD I got out of that mess..just wish I had not waited so long to do it!

The only issue we had is with one lady pissing and moaning about the wait to board the tender in the Caymans, and how HER (apparently non-CCL booked) excursion was scheduled to begin in less than an hour, and why did so and so get to go first, and what type of compensation would she get from CCL if SHE was late..... You get the picture:mad:

Negativity of any kind irritates me physically...honestly, people who live to complain suck the air and energy out of a room.

I avoid them at all costs.

To the OP...I love how you responded to that passenger...good for you!

WOW Halos What an Avatar!!!!!!!:D

caprcorn28,

That is one of my favoriet quotes of all times!!!!! Chuck Swindall has some great stuff, and if most people would take that quote and make it a part of their lives, they would be much better off.

I am accused of being too positive sometimes. I try to find the good in ANY situation. I am not perfect at this by any means, but I try. I get so frustrated with people who look for the bad in any situation....what a miserable life.

Your trip is coming up sooo quickly!!! I am so excited for you!!

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!!!

Yes, and as the advice goes...never be without a full drink ;)

I hope that you will love cruising as much as the rest of us do!!

A few cruises back, there was a couple (good friends) that went with our group.

We knew they were complainers. She hates everything and he always looked for the negatives.

So we would get up and head to the Lido deck for breakfast and start a pool for what would be their FIRST complaint. It was a lot of fun.

Some of the complaints:

The cabin was cold

The cabin was hot

The sun was shining in our balcony door

The sun is on the other side of the ship.

It's too windy on our balcony

The music is too loud

Is that all they play is Raggae?

I could go on and on.

You get the gist of it.

Im getting tired of it,i been on 10 Carnival cruise everytime i have cruise i run into at least 10 passengers that complain about everything on the ship. Anywhere from the room is to small to the drink are to pricey ect. Last cruise i went on in Sept i ran into this complainer. so i galdly ask him if i could assit with his luggage at the next port and pay for your ticket home. He was not a happy person. Maybe i did wrong but i finally got fed up. I rather be on a cruise than at work. Any remarks.

Who's complaining now? You! ;)

Archived