Cruise Complainers

mabo

Well, I have to admit . . . I am a cronic complainer regarding cruises. I can't help it, it happens the last day of every single cruise I've ever been on . . . "darn it all . . . this really makes me mad . . . why are you making me get off the ship . . . I don't want to get off the ship . . . I know my cruise has ended but look at all those people waiting to get on "my" ship . . . can't I go with them . . . what do you mean it's full . . . that's just not fair." I know, I know . . . big baby . . . but all I want to do is suck my thumb and pout . . . :(

Well, I have to admit . . . I am a cronic complainer regarding cruises. I can't help it, it happens the last day of every single cruise I've ever been on . . . "darn it all . . . this really makes me mad . . . why are you making me get off the ship . . . I don't want to get off the ship . . . I know my cruise has ended but look at all those people waiting to get on "my" ship . . . can't I go with them . . . what do you mean it's full . . . that's just not fair." I know, I know . . . big baby . . . but all I want to do is suck my thumb and pout . . . :(

That is not complaining that is just common sense. :D

I just came from a great Victory cruise. And I vividly remember sitting at lunch in the Pacific dining room waiting ever so patiently for a couple of small requests. I chose to mind my manners as the table to the right of me was in full force complain gear!!!! They were doing enough for me and most of the dining room. I also remember like it was yesterday, another group in the buffet restaurant in full complain mode.........stopping a nice young lady and asking her if Carnival takes care of their uniforms or do the employees take care of their own. Suffice it to say, that we know what she answered as the asker quite loudly said "that explains it"!!!!!! The young lady had answered promptly and pleasantly and had no idea that she had just feed the lion!!!!

Oh well, I will probably run into these same people next year on the Destiny!!!

Joan

Sail on..........

I remember years ago when I first starting selling real estate being told "stay away form any agent that is negative, it can wear off" this is so true. I have only a few personality types that I have no use for: liars, people who won't help themselves and those who think everybody owes them a living; all three types are usually negative individuals.

Of course some gripes on these boards and other places help us know what to avoid and are legit. 90% are nit picking, exagerations and do nothing to help the person get over what ever it is that is causing their attitudes.

On a recent transatlantic cruise, brand new ship we had the usually 3 or 4 that were upset all the time. One gal was with our group. Nothing seemed to make her happy. I am glad I am not her husband. (who by the way was a really nice guy) We missed a port as the port authority closed it because of high winds a fog: we got our port charges back and an hour of open bar: it wasn't enough for her: she wanted to see the Puffins. We all did, but most of us respected the decision. If she couldn't see the puffins she felt she should be compensated for her disappointment. She didn't like either of the tours she took and wasn't happy with her cabin, didn't like the pre cruise hotel, though others said it was great and a good location. The rooms were to small was her complaint: rooms in Europe are smaller than here. Thank goodness we only had to spend a bit of time with her. I like honest opinions but I also like to be around people who roll with the punches. NMnita

I have been told by a few people at work that I am "weird" because I get along with everybody *LOL*

Swear to God that is what they said.

See I refuse to fall into the little clicks that band together and form an "I Hate SO and SO Society" because once 10 years ago SO and SO unconsiously slighted one of them so now everyone must band together to scorn and detest them and if you do not join the society YOU are as evil as the person they hate.

No I do not work in a day care center or high school. *LOL* I work with 40, 50 and 60 yr old people How scary is that? *LOL*

My best revenge is to laugh at them loudly and to their faces and often *LOL*

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across harsh.. It's just that it really is a free world and if folks want to complain about NOTHING, that is their right. It is not my place to tell people what they should consider "nothing".

Actually, it's not a "free world." We live in a free "country", but at sea we're not protected by our constitution. Just wanted to clear up that technicality. ;)

:rolleyes: If nobody wants to listen to the complaints then why do you always read "make sure you give a review" I guess you all need to make sure you place in your request only leave a review if your trip was perfect and nothing went wrong and you won't offend me by writing something that did go wrong because since I don't want to hear about it you shouldn't be able to speak about it because the NON-complainers are the only opinions that count. Just my opinion

When we were going on a cruise with four other couples a few years back. I remember getting to the airport and someone said, "okay, this is your last chance to get out. We aren't going to have anybody complaining in our group. If you don't like something, keep it to yourself. We are here to have a good time and if you don't like it, you can still leave." We laughed and all agreed.

It must be just miserable to consentrate on just the negative, nit-picky, trivial, things that go wrong on a vacation. My DD slipped on the outdoor carpet on the Radiance of the sea and required 13 stitches from the on ship Doctor. She calls it her little souvenior. Hopefully we can make the best of things and enjoy our cruises.

Karen

A couple years ago, my DH and I met a guy on a 4 night cruise who did nothing but complain about the ship we were on. He kept comparing this cruise to his 7 night cruise on a new ship. When I told him I had nothing to complain about because I purchased my cruise last minute for cheap money, he said he did the same thing. Dah! I asked him how could anyone complain when they are getting away from work and snow from Mon-Fri for Carnival's cheap last minute rates. I wouldn't care if my cabin sprung a leak for what I paid. Well, maybe a soggy bed might make me complain.

Speaking of complainers, has anyone read the new review from Ana Santana? :eek: Nothing good about anything! I agree with other posters who quoted Charles Swindol......100%! Also the 'glass half full' attitude.;) Most of the time if you want trouble, you will find it. So I try to ignore 'complainers'. Most of them are miserable people and misery loves company! :( Me, I love life and cruising is my favorite thing to do. Haven't been on the Glory yet, but will if I don't die from waiting-disease.

Luv's Crusin'

We had a fellow CC're that posted after we got off the 9/11 Valor and all she said was a lot of negatives...I posted that if that's what you look for on a cruise, thats all you are going to see...I think some people "LOOK" for something to complain about....Dennis...She said she was going back to RCCL....I said Good-bye.....

Speaking of whiners.... we were being shuttled back to Tampa at Carnival's expense following our Miracle cruise in August (due to Hurricane Katrina we had to return to Ft. Lauderdale instead of Tampa) - there was a gentleman who took the opportunity to complain about the bus, the bus driver, how long the trip took, how he hated the cruise, how he hated the ships decor, on and on and on...What can you say to someone like that except DON'T CRUISE if you don't like it.

:rolleyes: If nobody wants to listen to the complaints then why do you always read "make sure you give a review" I guess you all need to make sure you place in your request only leave a review if your trip was perfect and nothing went wrong and you won't offend me by writing something that did go wrong because since I don't want to hear about it you shouldn't be able to speak about it because the NON-complainers are the only opinions that count. Just my opinion

There are people that go on a cruise & understand how to write a review without whining about the negatives. A well balanced review that is more constructive than destructive is great to read. Some of the negative/whining complaints that makes it into reviews shouldn't even be in the review in my opinion. There are negatives that need to be in reviews and are presented properly by many reviewers as well as the good things

Go back and read the thread again. We aren't talking about negative reviews we are talking about the guy who sits down in the deck chair next to you and starts whining about the size of his stateroom, or the tablemate at dinner who complains constantly about a thousand things that went "wrong" that day etc, etc.

People please....let's just take a moment and think about "me" for a minute! I had family over tonight, Halloween night. A night of fun and festivities...I had to listen about my father's union woes, his flu shot, the problems that he has the local home improvement store...It took about a 1/2 bottle of Cask and Cream (yum!!) for me to be able to sit through it...Thanks guys, I am done complaining!!! hahaha!!! :p

LOL - sorry I missed it!! Can I get you a drink?!?! :D

Sorry but after such an insult of not realizing "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!", just a mere drink will not do. I'm expecting a cruise. :rolleyes:

Aaahhh, wouldn't it be great if it were that simple. Just tell someone "you owe me a cruise".

Anyone remember "pinch, poke...you owe me a coke". Perhaps we need a "pinch, bruise...you owe me a cruise."

In Cozumel, last month, we were behind a group of women shopping at the peir. One of the ladies said very loudly "Well, if they want to sell me something they need to speak English!" My DH had to drag me away, I was ROFLMAO! I mean we were in Mexico, what did she expect?:D

As The Buddha said, "all life is suffering." However,

A complaint is something fixable: dirty sheets, Ice in drinks, slow service. And if it's bad enough to complain about, take action-the gods help those who help themselves!

A whine is something that can't be fixed: Cabin size, the weather, missed ports. Just noise.

remember, the optimist and the pesimist may end up in the same place, but the optimist has a MUCH BETTER time on the trip. Especially cruises!

Too cheerful for your job? I work for Disney! Cheerfulness is a job qualification!

Archived