Singles and personal choice dining on Grand Class

lacruisecat

I tried to do a search and the search function was not working.

I was wondering how solo travelers are seated for Pesonal Choice dining. Do they try to put you with a group or seat you at a table for two?

I would really like to know what other solo travelers experiences have been with personal choice dining. thanks

It is your call, the maitre'd will ask you if you want to join assuming he has an option, the 2-tops go very quickly so that may not always be available to him.

[B] Life is at it's best when your address floats [/B]
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 12/04
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

On the Golden we chose to dine alone every evening with Personal Choice. On two occasions we were given the typical "call" button device that lights up when your table is ready. We were told the wait was 15 - 20 minutes. We went to the Wheelhouse bar for a cocktail while we waited...and 5-10 minutes later we were "lite up" for seating. Don't claim this will happen everytime, but that was our experience.

It is restuarant lingo for a table for two, like a four-top is a table for 4. An 8 top however is a table for 11.76. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img].

[B] Life is at it's best when your address floats [/B]
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 12/04
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

I travel as a single all the time. If you want company all you do is tell the Maita'd that you wish to join a table. You will most likly end up at a table for six but you can tell him you do not want to sit with children as well. I ended up sitting at a table with a set of newly weds and a couple of other middle agers. We had fun with the newly weds as this was the first trip either had taken as adults. When I seen them later, I asked if they were having fun. They said yes and to join them for dinner that night.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03
Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03
Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

When I sailed solo on the Grand last November, I did personal choice and had no problems getting what I wanted. Two nights I joined others, but the rest of the week I just asked for a table by myself and got that with no problem. I think they tended to assume I would want to join others, but if you prefer to dine by yourself they should be able to accomodate you.

Grand Princess
Sea Princess
Dawn Princess
Disney Wonder
Carnival Fantasy

I cruise by myself and just off 18 days on Sun Princess.I like to have my breakfast by myself so always have a table for 2 at that time of day.......At dinner love Company and was seated at a table in PC every night with 2 married couples plus two sisters sailing together as far as San Francisco they were great we all got along very well and laughed the whole meal through.......much to the disgust of a very quiet couple who sat in a 2 position opposite.On San Francisco to Vancouver sectionI had the same table for 8..alas my friends terminated themselves in SF. Three married couples joined me they where also a wonderful group.
If you wish to sit by yourself thats OK.If you wont company sit at a table for eight and the Princess crew seem to have second sense and match you up with persons whos Company you will enjoy [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Archived