Valor - spa

hlb76

We are booked on the Valor in Oct. My husband and I have been so high stressed at home we really are hoping to use this vacation to unwind. While we are not spa people I was thinking of booking us a couples massage. I did win a facial once while on board that was nice but the high pressure sales pitch at the end took all the relaxation and enjoyment I received away.

I would love some feed back and experiences that your willing to share. I really dont even know the difference between the types of massages either so any help there would be appreciated.

Hey!

It's been a long time since I've had a massage on a cruise. They can be great but at $100-300+ for a 1-2 hour experience, I'd rather spend that amount of money on something more lasting, like an all day excursion at one of the port beaches.

I had a "couples massage" at a beach side cabana on Disney's private island and I got SO relaxed I fell asleep and missed it! That was a waste of $300. It wasn't any different from a single's massage, except you and your significant other are side by side, on separate tables.

I've had stone massages, which I personally did NOT like. The warm stones felt good but there wasn't the hands on like in a regular treatment.

I got deep tissue massage once and was sore for a week. I kept telling the masseuse she was hurting me but she was convinced she needed to get out all the knots. (They'd been there for years, and not coming out in one treatment. I felt like I'd been beaten and you sure don't want that on a cruise!)

Even though the cruise lines suggest you "book early because they fill up" I would NOT book a massage in advance. Often on the first day you can book with a big discount, and depending on the length of your cruise there will probably be "spa-day specials" where you can get a better price.

I can't find it but I'm fairly sure there is a program where you can purchase a pass to utilize the spa features for the length of your cruise....come and go anytime you please (during spa hours)! That would include the sauna, steam room, tiled warming chairs, whirlpool, etc.(but not special services like a massage or facial.) You can probably get the use of this for the entire cruise for less than one massage!

Keep in mind the cruise in itself is going to be relaxing! Don't stress out about trying to go to all the shows and activities....just do what you want and you'll have a good time. Don't forget Carnival has the Adult ONLY Serenity Retreat which doesn't cost a dime! And, you can find a deck chair or quiet places to relax all around the ship.

Obviously, the suggestion NOT to get a massage is my opinion, but I think that's what you asked for. If you really want to do it, then go for it!!

Edited by ZuzusPetals

We are booked on the Valor in Oct. My husband and I have been so high stressed at home we really are hoping to use this vacation to unwind. While we are not spa people I was thinking of booking us a couples massage. I did win a facial once while on board that was nice but the high pressure sales pitch at the end took all the relaxation and enjoyment I received away.

I would love some feed back and experiences that your willing to share. I really dont even know the difference between the types of massages either so any help there would be appreciated.

So true. You often get the annoying sales pitch from every spa staff you encounter in the room up to exit.