Breakaway Kids Club Itineraries/Agenda

jimdicap

Hello! Anyone have recent experience in the kids club? I have a 5 yr old DD and 7 yr old DS. What types of activities can I expect they will do--I have read all the general descriptions, but was looking for something little more specific--maybe an activity list/agenda for the day, etc--something outlining all the activities.

Also, has anyone heard of any children getting hurt, etc? I have yet to see anything on that, which is a good sign. But my son is on the spectrum, so both of these issues matter to me.

Thanks!

hi just off the breakaway 9-4/9-11 seriously apologize unable to write a full review due to my husbands upcoming surgery and getting the kids back to school. we have a dd6 and ds7 they absolutely loved the kids club. the day starts 9am-12 open free play which is random games and video games aka free play then the club closes 12n-2 while at sea for family lunch time then reopens 2-5 for a structured theme like super hero day, spy games, island survivor are a few that I remember. Then they are closed from 5pm -7 family supper then reopen at 7-10:30 for nightly themed parties. Glow night, Pirate night, pajama party, are just a few I remember 1 evening they came down to do pizza making in the buffet area with kids and parents. On port days the ids can stayed signed into the club with the youth staff and have meals along with the programmed activities if the parents went on shore and left the kids on board but that's not something we chose to do we take our lil ones with us. I will look and see if I kept the kids programs. glad to answer anything else. We booked next year same week same cabin because they loved it this cruise so much. there is a lot to so rock climbing, water slides, kids pool decent size a lil more than 3ft, a harness trampoline which they didi every chance they could!!! and the spider slide which is this upright tunnel of bungee like material they have to climb to the top and go down a tall twisted slide. they loved it!!

oops forgot my ds did get hurt while on the ship he ran into a hand rail that was just his height at full speed and cut his forehead open a superficial laceration about 1in long, but immediately bled like the dickens. I applied pressure and ice they took us down to the medic they gave him glue and steri strips and some motrin and advised not to get the dressing wet for at least 72 hrs to allow the glue to close the wound. Which I already knew. I'm a nurse so I was really on top of it. Then after they treated him a full investigation ensued with ship security taking me to the scene pointing out all staff that was involved with immediate first aide. they reviewed video of the area. All of this was more unnerving than him getting hurt. I had to give a statement like 3 times then write it. but all in all they decided the rail was at his height, so all medical expenses were waived. As for my boy after the immediate shock of all the blood he was patched up and ready to go play after a couple about 3 hrs by the next day he wanted all the bandages off his forehead said it made him look silly. I made him keep it on until the morning before school, just to make sure the skin was completely sealed

• 4 weeks later...
Hello! Anyone have recent experience in the kids club? I have a 5 yr old DD and 7 yr old DS. What types of activities can I expect they will do--I have read all the general descriptions, but was looking for something little more specific--maybe an activity list/agenda for the day, etc--something outlining all the activities.

Also, has anyone heard of any children getting hurt, etc? I have yet to see anything on that, which is a good sign. But my son is on the spectrum, so both of these issues matter to me.

Thanks!

Not sure if you sailed yet but, My son is also on the spectrum and we did the Dawn with him last year and NCL was amazing when we need any help. They gave us a phone when he was in the kids club and did call us once asking how to handle a situation. I actually preferred NCL kids club over Disney. We are sailing on the Breakaway in a few weeks and the access desk has been a big help as they were on our last cruise.

Not sure if you sailed yet but, My son is also on the spectrum and we did the Dawn with him last year and NCL was amazing when we need any help. They gave us a phone when he was in the kids club and did call us once asking how to handle a situation. I actually preferred NCL kids club over Disney. We are sailing on the Breakaway in a few weeks and the access desk has been a big help as they were on our last cruise.

Thanks for the response--I am sailing on 11-13 so your response is timely. Just out of curiosity, what made you prefer NCL over Disney?

Thanks for the response--I am sailing on 11-13 so your response is timely. Just out of curiosity, what made you prefer NCL over Disney?

We're actually sailing on breakaway on 11/6. Disney cruise was very overwhelming to my son. He got lost in the shuffle in there kids club since it was so huge. NCL kids club on the Dawn was much smaller they also assigned me special needs coordinator in case of any issues on NCL. I felt like too many adult only area to a ship that specialize in family time too. We liked food better on NCL too. Overall I felt like we got more bang for our buck on NCL.