Just off the Liberty...my thoughts plus LFK

casadetexas

Simba is not back (confirmed by the owner, Kevah, himself. They keep everyone pretty informed that knows him and I thought this sounded a little off (since they haven't made an announcement that he's back).

He said they are really close to getting him back, but not yet. They won the court case 4 months ago for the abuse of power, and the appeal they won several days ago. They are now waiting on the final order to have Simba and the other animals returned....straight from the owners mouth.

They do have other jaguars there, including a jag/lion mix. Someone there was either pulling your leg or didn't know what they were talking about.

I just wanted to let everyone know...:)

This is what I heard / saw as well, but I heard from drivers and staff, not the owner so chose not to comment on it in my earlier post. Saw the "mix" but heard the jaguar recovery was still in progress.

Was on with you and just got home. Maybe we ran into each other. Look forward to hearing the rest of your take on the cruise.

We agree boarding (and disembarking) was very easy. This morning we were thru customs and in our car in less than 30 minutes after our number was called heading home.

Also agree there were a surprising number of kids for school time but the vast majority were very well behaved. We had a lot of positive interaction with kiddoes, and I think kids can add to the cruise experience even though our youngest is now 24. That neat Splash zone would look dumb with a bunch of old geezers drinking beer in there. We did have a few negative kiddo incidents but lived to tell about them. As a whole the adults were far worse. Now do I want to cruise spring break??? Not a chance, but that's something I can plan around. And I do appreciate a few adult venues on the ship. But if people were griping about kids on this sailing they just need a reality check... Some just enjoy complaining. You should sit a few minutes in the Diamond Lounge. We are professional complainers in there.

We were also on LFK with you guys (our second time) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Many more people than our first trip several years ago, but still a good excursion. We'll book it again in December... What does the VIP experience buy you? We considered it but opted not to this time.

We only did the windjammer 2 times when the schedule pushed us that way, but we've cruised Royal enough that we are pretty much over the buffet. We had no problems finding other venues we enjoyed more.

Sorry your room was not up to standard. Ours was great, and our steward was top notch. No complaints at all there, but everyone has a different experience. Around the ship there were definitely things that could be spruced up, but nothing too tragic.

Doug...

Our VIP included a personal waiter, our own area above the gift shop, lunch, 6 drinks, snorkel, horses, monkey time, paddle boards, kayaks, and anything else you might think of. We had Gustavo. He made sure we went first with the snorkel and horses. Waited on us hand and foot. Lots of laughs. Good history lessons. And made sure all our needs were met. We don't usually have this much attention. But wanted it to be special just once in such a neat place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Went in July and was just on Liberty with you this past week.

This past week was MUCH better re: kids than July was. There were children running everywhere in July. Way too much. We agreed not to sail again in the summer due to how many children there were running around. There were kids but they were mostly right at parents' hips and not screaming or being annoying.

Been on Navigator and Independence. Liberty has been the best experience. Mainly with the great stateroom attendants and MDR wait staff. Giovanni's was nice as well. Romeo aka Moustache made it an excellent experience.

The disembarkation process was 1,000% better than it was just two months ago. The second terminal had just opened up back then. Self assist was nearly an hour of standing on the outside of deck 4 in the humid heat in July. Today it was <4 minutes from walking out of the ship onto the deck 4 deck, getting swiped off, and walking into the terminal. We were out of there in a FLASH which was amazing.

The CD looks like Garry Shandling with heterochromia iridium and he has a weird sense of humor but he was a riot as well. Quest was great as always.

The headliners were ALL complete hacks and we couldn't stomach more than 5 minutes of any of their sets. The puppet guy took the cake as least entertaining thing I've ever seen on a cruise ship.

The ice show was pretty good, as was In The Air. SNF was ok.

I will say we never went to any show other than the ice show. So I can't comment on any of those. But from your statement I am glad we didn't.

Again, if one doesn't want to be with children why book a vacation on a ship that specifically caters for children. Book an adult only or small ship.

When travelling with our grandchildren this type of ship is the only one to choose. However, when on our own we wouldn't dream of going on Royal or Disney.

Which one would you do if it was just the two of you?

This is what I heard / saw as well, but I heard from drivers and staff, not the owner so chose not to comment on it in my earlier post. Saw the "mix" but heard the jaguar recovery was still in progress.

We saw the mix as well. Dave, our driver told us about Simba.

Thanks for your review. The last ship I was on was Disney Fantasy.

We loved Disney cruises. But wanted to do something totally different. The reason we liked RCCL better was that we did what we wanted when we wanted. We ate when we felt like it. Disney has great food and great entertainment no doubt. But for once it was so nice not having to be shuttled from one place to another and what not. Disney is Disney. Just like the parks, you go from the time you wake up until you go to bed. On this cruise we just relaxed and enjoyed being together as a family. I never knew what I was missing as far as sunrise/sunsets on the ship until now. It was so peaceful.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We were on the Liberty at the beginning of the month and it was our first non-Disney cruise. We had a great time as well. Agree that the food and entertainment were not as good as DCL but we enjoyed everything else as much, if not more as well.