Where to Buy?

HawkeyeGrandma

Can anyone help me find a website to buy resort/cruise wear? Our cruise is in January and I live in Iowa so chances of finding anything around here are pretty remote. I don't need much but would like to find a couple of sundresses. I'm a plus size so anything suggestions would be much appreciated.

Can anyone help me find a website to buy resort/cruise wear? Our cruise is in January and I live in Iowa so chances of finding anything around here are pretty remote. I don't need much but would like to find a couple of sundresses. I'm a plus size so anything suggestions would be much appreciated.

You don't say where in Iowa you are from, and I am from Iowa also.:)

If you have a Dillards or a VonMaur near you they will start getting in resort wear in a month or two. I asked a clerk at VonMaur and that is what she told me. (I was looking for shorts this month for our March cruise. I like to shop early!)

If you are OK with it, you might try some of the better consignment shops. Try Speigel catalog on line- they have a travel clothing section and I have purchased from them and been happy with the quality. I have not checked, but Talbots and Four Seasons (Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, and Des Moines) may also get in some resort wear.

Have a great cruise!:)

Judi

bloomingdales.com has a sale section with some summer wear as does neiman marcus. don't know what's left but they both have plus size so might find some stuff in the sale group.

landend.com has a plus size and you might find some stuff in the "overstocks/sale" section. I think their sale is called overstocks.

have a wonderful cruise.

HawkeyeGrandma, I feel your pain being an Iowan myself. I'd try Kohl's and other stores to see if they have any sales going on. I know I've found summer stuff on sale at Kohl's in January so it's worth a shot. I've also gotten a dress off amazon.com.

Just made my first purchase of two new bathing suits from www.newport-news.com

As others have said the major retailers begin getting their resort wear into the stores in December. Unfortunately, sometimes they do not have room on the sales floor until after the holidays. These retailers will be offering their resort wear online in December.

Your best bet is going to be shopping the internet. If you start now...ebay, amazon etc. You will have plenty of time to get together what you need. Also don't forget amazon or drugstore.com for suntan lotion if you are unable to find locally.

Have also had great success with formal outfits at the JC Penney Outlet Store Online

I am still finding capris and shorts in plus sizes. If you have a favorite brand name do a search and see what is there.

Romans and Lanebryantcatalog.com sometimes has summer items on the website. As well as blairs and fashion bug.

Hope you find what you are searching for.

oldnavy.com still has some basic, casual warm-weather clothes on sale.

BlueHerons - Does Blue Fly carry plus-size now? I've always liked the site, but couldn't order plus-size. Am I missing something? I'd be very happy to find out if I am! BTW - much luck on your race! DH has been a lifetime runner and did the Philly marathon in 2003. He's been sidelined since last summer with Lyme disease and he's slowly trying to get back to marathon shape. I have much respect for you and all runners for your commitment. Best of luck and good health!

I live in Alaska and I am also a bit "short" on tropical summer clothes in my wardrobe as well as being a bit deprived of access to shop for them this time of year! :p I found this EBay store that looks pretty amazing! I haven't bought anything yet - but the price is right and the sizes and selection looks good!:D You may have to copy and paste the link into your browser - sorry if it doesn't work for you! :rolleyes:

http://stores.ebay.com/hawaiian-shopping_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Good luck! I am going to be buying larger sizes for a February Panama Canal 10 day cruise to celebrate our 30th. Wish me luck as well!;)

Joni

Archived