Half Moon Cay Question..

Jen & Rich 2006

It is not paved after the initial walk through the plaza after the tender dock. You can either walk along the beach or down a sandy path/road. I saw maintenance and utility carts, but no passenger carts when I was there (3 times). I have never seen anyone shuttled around the cabana areas. The lunch areas are covered cement pads and have cement walkways around them, but getting to them requires self-ambulation. I don't know any particular accommodations for the disabled. But, maybe things have upgraded since last year....

When we were there 2 weeks ago, we were taken to our cabana in a shuttle (wooden benches in the back of a truck.) There was no shuttle in sight when we were ready to leave so we just walked down the brick path back to the pier.

Make sure you check in with the beach hut men before you just help yourself to a clamshell. They are very fussy about making sure that those who paid for them, get them....as they should be. They tend to sell out so if you take over one when you haven't paid, they will kick you out.

Have a wonderful time. HMC was our favorite port.

Archived