FLL La Quinta out of power. :(

cwhip77

Hey all! I called to confirm our reservations for our pre-cruise hotel - we're staying at the La Quinta Ft. Lauderdale Airport, and the help desk rep told me they currently don't have power! She said to call back in a few days to see if the power has been restored, since it's "being restored gradually". Should I panic? Anyone know of other hotel options that are operational if need be? This is our first cruise, we're going for our honeymoon and I'm already stressed out enough! :eek:

Thanks!

When are you sailing? There are many hotels that are still without power in that area. This week end is the boat show so I hope you aren't sailing that soon as we just managed to get a back up reservation before one of the airport hotels sold out of rooms for Friday night.

Hurry Hurry--I was lucky and was able to book at the Staybridge suites in Plantation FL which is about 8 miles away...not sure if they have any other rooms--I think there were still rooms at the courtyard in plantation too. Good luck! Everything is filling fast!

When are you sailing? There are many hotels that are still without power in that area. This week end is the boat show so I hope you aren't sailing that soon as we just managed to get a back up reservation before one of the airport hotels sold out of rooms for Friday night.

We're going on the Nov 9th sailing of Carnival Legend. Should I wait the few days to see if La Quinta is up and running or should I try to book something else right away? Ack!

We are writing regarding your ParkSleepFly reservation for your cruise. Unfortunately, due to Hurricane Wilma, La Quinta Inn and Suites in Hollywood has sustained substantial damage to their property. At this time, the hotel is closed and all reservations have been canceled for the remainder of the year.

We're going on the Nov 9th sailing of Carnival Legend. Should I wait the few days to see if La Quinta is up and running or should I try to book something else right away? Ack!

Is this the Laquinta in Hollywood Fl?? If so on another thread they are telling customers the hotel will be closed for the rest of the year. In any event, I would suggest booking another room that you can cancel without penalty. I would imagine part of the reason rooms are scare is because some people are holding 2 rooms as a backup.

We are writing regarding your ParkSleepFly reservation for your cruise. Unfortunately, due to Hurricane Wilma, La Quinta Inn and Suites in Hollywood has sustained substantial damage to their property. At this time, the hotel is closed and all reservations have been canceled for the remainder of the year.

Argh! We booked a room at La Quinta FLL Airport, not sure if that's the same one as the Hollywood location? I'd rather not risk it either way though if they're still uncertain if they'll be open - does anyone have suggestions for hotels that will be up and running by Tues next week that I can try?

La Quinta Fort Lauderdale airport is the one in Hollywood, FL.

On SE 17th Street Holiday Inn Express... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

And Extended Stay America are both budget hotels that are open... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

There are some exceptions, but most hotels in Fort Lauderdale have reopened - Or will be in the next day or so.

I called AmeriSuites, customer service this afternoon. The man I spoke with said that they don't know yet when the hotel will be open. He said that there was no damage done to the hotel but they are still without water, power, and phone lines. Our reservation is for Nov. 13th and I'm starting to get a little bit worried.

I can verify that, I've been past AmeriSuites a few times... It's "closed until further notice", but there's no visible damage at all. Water is back in Fort Lauderdale, but that section is the only one in that area that doesn't appear to have power.

Archived