Update from Carnival...why is this taking so long???

wildshooter

If people here don't think that Carnival is withholding information simply to limit the # of cancellations, then you need to get a clue on how business works.

So you're saying that a corporate level exec at Carnival has made a decision to withhold where these cruises are going to keep a better bottomline and that information has been giving to customer service level people and those people were told to keep it under wraps to preserve the bottomline and that's why you're getting poor customer service?

And the rest of us need to get a clue on how business works? :rolleyes:

We will announce the required itinerary changes for departures from November 3 to November 7, 2005 by Wednesday, November 2, 2005.

Each time I call Carnival(once a day since last Friday as I was told to do originally by them), I get a different answer.

Is it Wednesday yet? Did I miss a day or two somewhere??? :confused:

Now I'm confused. :confused:

If you just want 4 ports and you don't care where they are, then why care how soon you find out? And if you end up with a port, that you said you didn't care where anyway, that would cause you to cancel, shouldn't you have just cancelled last week when Coz was struck?

Why would Carnival start handing out full refunds because they are changing ports? It not like they are cancelling or shortening the cruise.

You have 24 hours to cancel a cruise and get a full refund ONLY when the itinerary changes AND they officially post it. Even though it is 100% certain that Cozumel will change, Carnival has told me they won't allow the 100% refund until they officially post it. By waiting until the day prior or even after you board, this virtually eliminates this option.

And for those who feel ports shouldn't matter to anyone, what about those planning something special in those ports? Maybe they're celebrating an anniversary and going back to where they had their honeymoon or renewing vows or even a family reunion of some sort. Believe it or not, but to some people, ports matter.

[/size][/b]

Is it Wednesday yet? Did I miss a day or two somewhere??? :confused:

No, not missing a day. Each time I call I've been told that they will announce the change the next day. Yesterday, they told me they would tell me AFTER I board the ship. Seems a bit confusing, doesn't it????

So you're saying that a corporate level exec at Carnival has made a decision to withhold where these cruises are going to keep a better bottomline and that information has been giving to customer service level people and those people were told to keep it under wraps to preserve the bottomline and that's why you're getting poor customer service?

And the rest of us need to get a clue on how business works? :rolleyes:

Can you show me which post where I said "and that information has been given to customer service and those people were told to keep it under wraps"? Where did I say that? Do me and everyone here a favor...don't put words in people's mouths. It's extremely immature and condescending.

Isn't itinerary the layout of the whole trip, not just the beginning and the end? Never have gotten an itinerary from a travel agent for any type trip that just said...start and stop and nothing in between.

How much more does Carnival make on excursions when you can't book ahead of time with others. Another part of the equation? Hmmm....

Can you show me which post where I said "and that information has been given to customer service and those people were told to keep it under wraps"? Where did I say that? Do me and everyone here a favor...don't put words in people's mouths. It's extremely immature and condescending.
Gee, thought I quoted that, let me try again.

If people here don't think that Carnival is withholding information simply to limit the # of cancellations, then you need to get a clue on how business works.

I was referring to what you said was a lack of customer service.

If you honestly think that you're being given poor customer service just because Carnival doesn't want you to cancel your cruise and get a full refund then you've obviously not dealt with Carnival's customer service before.

Sorry if that's condescending, but I call them like I see them. :rolleyes:

I said if I get 3 ports then so be it I have resigned myself to that I am no thrilled but..let's try this again. Carnival still has Cozumel on my itinerary. Friday October 28th when I tried to cancel they said no refund. (I could have booked an all inclusive resort last week) The policy states that you have 24 hours from formal notification via Carnival, your TA or an announced itinerary change to get a full refund. Now we all know that Carnival KNOWS we are not going to COZUMEL next week however they will not do a formal notification until tomorrow, how can you possibly defend that? So let's not talk about my November plans this not about hurricaine season, this is not about when I chose to go on my vacation it is about walking the fine line of the cruise contract for Carnival.

Life is too short to get into all of this nonsense..I am sorry I even started. Ignorance is definitely bliss.

Since you know that Cozumel is out and Carnival will change it, thus allowing you to cancel, why not make other plans and call when they make the announcement and cancel the cruise? No matter when it is announced you will still have to wait for a refund up to 4-6 weeks. I am not being ugly we are in the same boat this week but we are not going to cancel. I sympathize.

How much more does Carnival make on excursions when you can't book ahead of time with others. Another part of the equation? Hmmm....

This is yet another part of the whole "bottom line first" approach that Carnival has taken since the NOLA disaster and which has received little mention. We know, we have quite a story which I will not detail here, beginning with our treatment after the Sensation was cancelled out of NOLA and continuing through the more expensive re-booking on Elation out of Galveston. IMHO, their whole approach has been profit maximization first, customer satisfaction second. This approach WILL come back to bite them. For reasons too long to detail here, we are rather locked into this cruise on Carnival. After that, never again.

Since you know that Cozumel is out and Carnival will change it, thus allowing you to cancel, why not make other plans and call when they make the announcement and cancel the cruise? No matter when it is announced you will still have to wait for a refund up to 4-6 weeks. I am not being ugly we are in the same boat this week but we are not going to cancel. I sympathize.

One reason people can't do that is because Carnival is telling me that they might not announce the change until after the ship is boarding. How are people suppose to cancel then? Refunds aren't allowed until after the formal announcement.

I made sure Hurricane season was over i time for my sailing date and I am still being affected due to call from my TA today that iteniary will be changed due to area not ready for visitors. Her point was even if you go to playa or cozumel. the area will still look like a war zone. She is hoping it is Costa Maya because when you do get to land at least it will still be beautiful. After all I paid for a cat 12 (full price no discounts) to enjoy my vacation.

I want to know where we are going because the way I afford my cat 12 is by booking my own excursions in advance at a much discounted rate. I feel this makes me a good steward of my money and that is why I have been blessed egnough to enjoy my cruises without going into debt. Carnival knows where they are taking us, but just does not want to tell us. They have their reasons for not speaking up and I have my reasons for wanting to know. I do not think that makes me a whiner or a complainer. I do not really care where we go, I just want to beable to plan my excursions on my own in advance. So I can afford that full drink in my hand.

This is yet another part of the whole "bottom line first" approach that Carnival has taken since the NOLA disaster and which has received little mention. We know, we have quite a story which I will not detail here, beginning with our treatment after the Sensation was cancelled out of NOLA and continuing through the more expensive re-booking on Elation out of Galveston. IMHO, their whole approach has been profit maximization first, customer satisfaction second. This approach WILL come back to bite them. For reasons too long to detail here, we are rather locked into this cruise on Carnival. After that, never again.

This is a 4th or 5th attempt at trying to take our cruise. We have gone from $700 to $500 to $1000 on prices for 3 of the cruises. We doubled our budget from 1st booking back in January to rebooking many times to the cruise we have now. I guess it is 5 times, 2 personal 3 due to hurricanes. Yes it has cost us but we are still looking forward to it. I just want to go!!!! All 3 times Carnival canceled too late to book anything else so we just rescheduled. Last time I tried to find something else but it was too late. So that is why I can smyphatize with others.

This will be our family's first cruise. We had planned on sitting down with our kids a week or so ago and deciding which excursions to do in which port and booking them (either through Carnival or independent operators). Now, we aren't sure if we'll go to Cozumel and, if we do, what excursions will be available. We've decided that "we don't care". We want a vacation. A vacation is what we'll get. We'll have a great time even if we end up sitting on the ship the entire 7 days. If we don't get to do the excursion we want in Cozumel, I guess we'll just have to book another cruise really, really soon. Boo-hoo. <dabbing at left eye with tissue> If anyone on Victory for Dec. 18 sailing decides to cancel due to the inconveniences, and if you have a balcony room or the penthouse suite, please tell Carnival to give us your room. We are going even if one of us (or all of us) are in body bags.

:D LMAO! The ending to you post was freaking hilarious and I got a much needel laugh this morning!:D

I search with & without logging in but can't find a section on the carnival web site where this sort of information is posted. I'm not traveling until Dec 3rd, so there's SOME time, but not a lot. I had a snorkeling excursion planned in Cozumel. It took a lot to set up because 2 members of my party have back problems, & Carnival Guest Access has NO data on excursions for folks with any form of disability. So how do I search for data on my trip?

Please help

Thanks!

BonBon2

Archived