Update from Carnival...why is this taking so long???

wildshooter

I search with & without logging in but can't find a section on the carnival web site where this sort of information is posted. I'm not traveling until Dec 3rd, so there's SOME time, but not a lot. I had a snorkeling excursion planned in Cozumel. It took a lot to set up because 2 members of my party have back problems, & Carnival Guest Access has NO data on excursions for folks with any form of disability. So how do I search for data on my trip?

Please help

Thanks!

BonBon2

There is a link on the bottom of the page to customer service. It is under "Weather Updates"

Your update is here and it's a day early. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=250560

Actually it's not. I was told Friday they would know no later than Sunday. On Sunday, I was told Monday. On Monday I was told Wednesday or after we leave. So, I guess I'm not sure why you think this is early. Plus, I called Carnival and they tell me they don't know what times they will be in Playa and won't know until they get there. Kind of hard to book anything with an outside tour operator if I don't know when I'm going to be there. I'm sure some of you think this is fairly standard procedure. :confused:

Actually it's not. I was told Friday they would know no later than Sunday. On Sunday, I was told Monday. On Monday I was told Wednesday or after we leave. So, I guess I'm not sure why you think this is early. Plus, I called Carnival and they tell me they don't know what times they will be in Playa and won't know until they get there. Kind of hard to book anything with an outside tour operator if I don't know when I'm going to be there. I'm sure some of you think this is fairly standard procedure. :confused:

If I'm a buisness and I sell a product, why should I make it easier for you to buy it from someone else.

I don't think Dodge would delay the introduction of a new model, just because 3rd party parts dealers that compete with MOPAR aren't ready for it.

Duck, that's way too complex an analogy. :rolleyes:

wild, why don't you just take the refund and not go? You've been given your more than 24 hour window of itinerary change to allow it. That was the issue wasn't it? And now it's that you might have to purchase an excursion through the ship instead of an independent? Conspiracy theory I think not. :rolleyes:

Duck, that's way too complex an analogy. :rolleyes:

wild, why don't you just take the refund and not go? You've been given your more than 24 hour window of itinerary change to allow it. That was the issue wasn't it? And now it's that you might have to purchase an excursion through the ship instead of an independent? Conspiracy theory I think not. :rolleyes:

We are not going to cancel at this point. It's too late and too many arrangements have been made. That wasn't my point on the times. We want to go on the Fat Cat, but it's not offered by Carnival.

Why do some of you(Duck, tef43, and dms) want to make me out to be such a bad guy when all I'm asking for from Carnival is some consistent and up to date information?? Is that really that horrible of a request? Please tell me what's so wrong with that?

I thought the purpose of this board was to come and get some useful information on crusing, get helpful tips from people, and share experiences. I just joined in the past few weeks, but it appears to me that some people like to use these boards as an opportunity to simply start arguments with people.

Does anyone here know of any other message boards where people can go to get information?

The bottom line is -- you can go to Playa or Costa Maya and book tours ON THE SPOT for a great rate - there's NO need at all to book ahead of time. When we visited these ports in the past there were ample opportunities to take ruins tours, snorkeling tours, to go scuba diving, etc, etc - all without advance reservations.

It seems some people overthink things WAY too much. Just go, and wherever you end up have a great time. It's that simple. I don't CARE where our Conquest cruise takes us - I just can't wait to get there.

may I ask you why you think people can cancel their cruise so close to departure and get a refund? it is my understanding that you can cancel if you wish but you lose all the money you have paid for the cruise, and again so close to departure that would mean the full price paid is lost

may I ask you why you think people can cancel their cruise so close to departure and get a refund? it is my understanding that you can cancel if you wish but you lose all the money you have paid for the cruise, and again so close to departure that would mean the full price paid is lost

In the event of an itinerary change Carnival allows full refund cancellations within a 24 hr period following the announcement.

Why do some of you(Duck, tef43, and dms) want to make me out to be such a bad guy when all I'm asking for from Carnival is some consistent and up to date information?? Is that really that horrible of a request? Please tell me what's so wrong with that?
Nothing at all. Your orignal post stated that Carnival was waiting to release information out of fear of cancellations. Then when people disagree you start implying they work for Carnival or that they need to "get a clue" about business practices. After Duck posts a link to the update, earlier then the less then 24 hour cut-off, you discount it as if it no longer matters when Carnival posted it.

This is a discussion board. If you don't want people to disagree with you, then yes, you might want to find a different board.

Nothing at all. Your orignal post stated that Carnival was waiting to release information out of fear of cancellations. Then when people disagree you start implying they work for Carnival or that they need to "get a clue" about business practices. After Duck posts a link to the update, earlier then the less then 24 hour cut-off, you discount it as if it no longer matters when Carnival posted it.

This is a discussion board. If you don't want people to disagree with you, then yes, you might want to find a different board.

There's a difference between disagreeing and only choosing to read certain things so you can argue for the sake of arguing.

Thanks to everyone here who provided helpful information. I'm excited for our cruise and can't wait to go! Only 28 hours to go!

:confused:

There is even more to it then that Mike, not only do they need to find a place to park that 1000 ft long cruise ship, they also have to make sure there is something for the 3000 people aboard the ship to do.

On our Glory cruise last year we were forced to make a port switch to Freeport last minute. Because of the stop was unscheduled all the good excursions were already booked full by the regularly scheduled ships. Our pickings were pretty slim.

\

:confused: And what will there be for 3000 people to do in Cozumel in ( 2 )weeks, Can Canival promise safe (not from robbery) walking /shopping in town and the beach parks i.e. chunkanub, they are months away. I realize they need my money .BUT. not any more than I have donated. I need a place I booked or one that will offer simular Activities for 3 kids and quite bluntly not the "rubble toss or rebar jump, and squished by a falling wall games.":eek: sorry

I'm with you... I do feel for the peple of cozumel, however I'm going on vacation and when I get to cozumel I want it to feel like paradise, not a real life documentary on how everyone on the island is suffering and how we should just be flexible on what they can offer us there. If Carnival can go to another port that could better satisfy us (regardless if cozumel is up and running) they should take us there.

What do you think?

:confused:\

:confused: And what will there be for 3000 people to do in Cozumel in ( 2 )weeks' date=' Can Canival promise safe (not from robbery) walking /shopping in town and the beach parks i.e. chunkanub, they are months away. I realize they need my money .BUT. not any more than I have donated. I need a place I booked or one that will offer simular Activities for 3 kids and quite bluntly not the "rubble toss or rebar jump, and squished by a falling wall games.":eek: sorry[/quote']

Absolutly understood. My point was that alternative ports may not have the tourist infrastructure in place to handle a sudden influx of cruiser capacity.

I'm not saying go to a ruined Cozumel, I am saying give the cruiselines some time to find alternatives that can accomodate everyone.

Nor is it a good idea to book a cruise for hurricane season. :rolleyes:

And I'm really not interested in the excuse, "It's the only time that I can go." Choose a different form of vacation if you're not willing to assume the risk.

Just what I was thinking. Its a crapshoot, you pays your money you takes your chance.

Hello, just had to post that we sailed on the Star Princess on 10/16-10/23. We were supposed to be going to the Western Caribbean and ended up doing the Eastern, because of Wilma. We did not know until we were on board, as the hurricane changed daily. The ship will go where it is safe, and you will have a great time no matter where you go!!

We had a similar change enroute while on the Caribbean Princess: we ended up going Western instead of Eastern because of the approach of Hurricane Rita. We didn't find out until the 2nd day of the cruise, and obviously ALL of our ports were changing after we had already left. We took in in stride despite all of the advance arrangements we had made for our original ports.

Whether during or in the aftermath of storms like this these are the risks and realities of cruising the Caribbean -- and that's for about half of every year. No cruise line is every going to make every one happy since so much of these events, their impacts and the recovery is outside of their control (and difficult to predict).

Hello, just had to post that we sailed on the Star Princess on 10/16-10/23. We were supposed to be going to the Western Caribbean and ended up doing the Eastern, because of Wilma. We did not know until we were on board, as the hurricane changed daily. The ship will go where it is safe, and you will have a great time no matter where you go!!

We had a similar change enroute while on the Caribbean Princess: we ended up going Western instead of Eastern because of the approach of Hurricane Rita. We didn't find out until the 2nd day of the cruise, and obviously ALL of our ports were changing after we had already left. We took in in stride despite all of the advance arrangements we had made for our original ports.

Whether during or in the aftermath of storms like this these are the risks and realities of cruising the Caribbean -- and that's for about half of every year. No cruise line is every going to make every one happy since so much of these events, their impacts and the recovery is outside of their control (and difficult to predict).

Archived