Wine near Drury Inn Hobby Airport

adriennerm

We are flying in the day before and booked the Drury Inn by Hobby airport. I mapped a Walmart within 5 minutes of the hotel. Does anyone know if they sell wine? If not, where is the closest store that does. We will have a rental car but I prefer to stay as close to the hotel and airport as possible.

I do not know if Walmart sells wine. But have you tried using googlemaps dot com? Put in the Drury Inn Hobby. Then click on the "Nearby". In the search box put in 'liquor store' and you will see the nearby stores. I found a Spec's Wine that is only 1.8 miles away. There are other choices shown.

We are flying in the day before and booked the Drury Inn by Hobby airport. I mapped a Walmart within 5 minutes of the hotel. Does anyone know if they sell wine? If not, where is the closest store that does. We will have a rental car but I prefer to stay as close to the hotel and airport as possible.

The Specs looks to be the closest. We stayed at the La Quinta in the same area in 2014. No rental so we requested a taxi. Took 30 minutes to arrive, then had the same driver all night. Went to Walmart, a liquor store and dinner. I do not remember the cost (maybe $40). He waited while we were in the liquor store and Walmart. DW forgot her eye drops so that is why we went to Walmart.

Most convenience stores sell wine; may not have the specific wine you want. I would get a taxi and head to the nearest liquor store or grocery store (Kroger would be best). Walmart does sell wine but I find Kroger has a better selection. If Spec's is close then that is a must! They have just about everything. No wine or beer sold before noon on Sundays so make sure you go Saturday when you get in.

Most convenience stores sell wine; may not have the specific wine you want. I would get a taxi and head to the nearest liquor store or grocery store (Kroger would be best). Walmart does sell wine but I find Kroger has a better selection. If Spec's is close then that is a must! They have just about everything. No wine or beer sold before noon on Sundays so make sure you go Saturday when you get in.

The OP did say they will have a rental car so they wouldn't need a taxi. And the Specs is less than 2 miles away so that would be the best choice.