Drive to port or use shuttle?

gepgelmik

Hi everyone,

My parents and I are sailing on Anthem of the Seas out of Port Liberty on December 23rd. They're flying in the day before, but I'm driving in alone from Ohio (I hate flying with a passion). I booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites we'll meet there, then go together to the port the next morning. I'm waffling between driving us to the port or taking advantage of the parking there and taking a shuttle.

It's cheaper to use the shuttle and would allow me to avoid the hassle of more driving, but on the other hand, driving there would allow me to avoid hassle too...waiting around, fitting all our luggage in one vehicle, and the hotel website says it's first come, first served- what if theres not enough room? Then there's the hassle of getting back to the hotel and and picking up the car when we get back. Finally, I have arthritic knees and hate having to bend my legs into uncomfy configurations so I typically avoid getting into other peoples cars or back seats.

Suggestions?

Hi everyone,

My parents and I are sailing on Anthem of the Seas out of Port Liberty on December 23rd. They're flying in the day before, but I'm driving in alone from Ohio (I hate flying with a passion). I booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites we'll meet there, then go together to the port the next morning. I'm waffling between driving us to the port or taking advantage of the parking there and taking a shuttle.

It's cheaper to use the shuttle and would allow me to avoid the hassle of more driving, but on the other hand, driving there would allow me to avoid hassle too...waiting around, fitting all our luggage in one vehicle, and the hotel website says it's first come, first served- what if theres not enough room? Then there's the hassle of getting back to the hotel and and picking up the car when we get back. Finally, I have arthritic knees and hate having to bend my legs into uncomfy configurations so I typically avoid getting into other peoples cars or back seats.

Suggestions?

Availability of parking is not an issue at Cape Liberty. There are 900 spaces in the garage and plenty of outdoor space in the lot. You will get a spot in the garage and miss most of the traffic if you get there between 10 and 10:30 or even a bit later. It's a 10 day cruise, so the cost will be $200 to park.

What would you pay for Country Inns? I'm seeing the sleep cruise package for $229 plus about 20% tax and the park sleep cruise for $259 plus about 20% tax, so that's a hefty $588+ for two rooms with round trip port transfers and parking!

You can currently book just a room on LastMinuteTravel.com for $102 ($85 + $17 tax cancellable up to 3 days ahead), so you can get 2 rooms for $204 plus $200 to park at the port plus a few $$ turnpike toll and gas. Even if your parents have prepaid their room, it will be roughly the same money for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Availability of parking is not an issue at Cape Liberty. There are 900 spaces in the garage and plenty of outdoor space in the lot. You will get a spot in the garage and miss most of the traffic if you get there between 10 and 10:30 or even a bit later. It's a 10 day cruise, so the cost will be $200 to park.

What would you pay for Country Inns? I'm seeing the sleep cruise package for $229 plus about 20% tax and the park sleep cruise for $259 plus about 20% tax, so that's a hefty $588+ for two rooms with round trip port transfers and parking!

You can currently book just a room on LastMinuteTravel.com for $102 ($85 + $17 tax cancellable up to 3 days ahead), so you can get 2 rooms for $204 plus $200 to park at the port plus a few $$ turnpike toll and gas. Even if your parents have prepaid their room, it will be roughly the same money for you.

I reserved some sort of suite for the three of us that has a separate living room with a pullout where Ill sleep (though I'm reconsidering this and may add on my own room). The room I have reserved is 152 plus tax, etc.

It's difficult to advise you given your problems being comfortable in alternative transportation to your car. I sounds like you should just drive all of you to the port in your car. Coming back you can just disembark and get in the car, drop your parents off at the airport, and head home.