Anyone know what the Metairie hotels are on Hotwire?

poobears

Looks like the GPS has us coming in down 55 so I can book around Metairie without going out of my way. It's way cheaper than booking anything downtown since we will be there around Halloween. Our dates are either check in 10/27 and out on 10/29 or check in on 10/28 and out on 10/29. Just need to verify with oldest DS when he wants to leave.

Trying to figure out what hotels the Metairie ones are so I can find one close to the interstate and easy to get to, free breakfast and parking would be nice but not a deal breaker. Don't mind the traffic noise. I live right on the main highway here, I'm use to it. Just need a SAFE hotel

About how long of a drive is it with traffic from the hotels in that area to port?

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this. For those having trouble finding a decent place to stay that isn't outrageously priced in NO and close to port. Try VRBO, no idea why I didn't try it early. I've used VRBO many times in the past for other vacations, just didn't think of using them for such a short stay in NO.

Went on last night and selection was very limited since it's last minute and we are going at a high time of year for NO but managed to find a super cute premium apartment only a mile from port for $200 a night and it has an off street parking space available to use. Puts us exactly where I wanted to be in the price I wanted to be at. The owner has great reviews and so does the property. We can hop on the trolley to get around town on the day we are there prior to our cruise and be at port in 10-15 on cruise day.

Absolutely perfect. So much easier than trying to decipher online codes and we have so much more space to spread out than a hotel room, plus a full kitchen, balcony etc. Also better than the $500-$800 per night price tag on the few hotel rooms left in NO for the nights we were needing lol Or the sketchiness of the hotels that were left to book further out. When you start seeing reviews about there being a police officer that stays in the lot full time due to high drug and prostitute activity in the reviews, you know it's probably not a place you want to stay with your family prior to the cruise :eek: