NCL Star Public Washrooms (accessible?)

Shawnino

I suddenly find myself in a wheelchair; I'm leaving on the Star in a few weeks. Is it typical to find a wheelchair accessible stall in the bathrooms on public decks, or should I be planning to return to my cabin for such matters?

The Access Desk didn't really know. Or didn't want to commit (fair enough).

Here's the deck plan matrix:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/deck-plans

and it's not a huge help either.

If you choose, say, Deck 6, we see pairs of 'RR' everywhere (which I'm guessing is the American 'restroom') but no indication if they have stalls accomodating wheelchairs.

(Unrelated bonus point: a few months back someone posted a 'remodelled Freestyle washroom' which was just a toilet inside four glass walls open to public view. Can anyone remember which thread that was? That image was a scream.)

Shawnino,

Here is the website covering accessible restrooms in the public areas on the Star. Unfortunately it does not show exactly how many there are or where they are located. We just got off the Star and I believe the larger restrooms located close to major venues (MDR and Stardust) were accessible.

I don't know if this helps but I can tell you that the Star was a really nice ship with a great crew.

http://www.specialneedsatsea.com/cruise-accessibility/norwegian-cruise-line/norwegian-star/

Good Luck

Visigoth

When the draught of your vessel exceeds the depth of the water, you are most assuredly, aground

- Ian Walsh

I suddenly find myself in a wheelchair; I'm leaving on the Star in a few weeks. Is it typical to find a wheelchair accessible stall in the bathrooms on public decks, or should I be planning to return to my cabin for such matters?

The Access Desk didn't really know. Or didn't want to commit (fair enough).

Here's the deck plan matrix:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/deck-plans

and it's not a huge help either.

If you choose, say, Deck 6, we see pairs of 'RR' everywhere (which I'm guessing is the American 'restroom') but no indication if they have stalls accomodating wheelchairs.

(Unrelated bonus point: a few months back someone posted a 'remodelled Freestyle washroom' which was just a toilet inside four glass walls open to public view. Can anyone remember which thread that was? That image was a scream.)

So sorry to learn you have become "challenged!"

Should I look to make other plans for Khasab or shall I proceed with the plan currently in place to join you and the ladies?

If I can help in any way, please let me know before I leave home on October 29.

Kind regards,

Deb

(cruznragtop at gmail dot com)