Golden Princess

maureen B.

I asked this same question a few weeks ago. Everyone assured me that taking a cab will be very easy and less expensive them the Princess transfers. With the transfers you have to wait around for the bus to be filled up. With the taxis you just go to the taxi stand, tell them what ship you are on and you are all set to go.

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Absolutly go with the cab. Last time we were there we bought transfers and saw how long it would take and took a cab. Much less than the transfer also!

Golden Princess
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;23;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Radiance of the Seas
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Cab!! With a transfer, you have to collect your luggage, roll it on a cart, or pull it yourself across the terminal, depending how far from the front door the baggage area is, sometimes using an elevator, to a waiting bus, and waiting on the bus for other passengers to arrive, to go to the pier. Getting a cab, you are on your way, and the cabbie loads your luggage, and a porter at the pier takes it. It is a win-win deal.

Sue
7 days on Star Princess 10/24

You Bet!

Claim your luggage at baggage claim, as you would at the end of any trip. Either rent a little trolley (Cart $2-$3) in San Juan or get an airport porter to lump it for you.

Exit the baggage claim area to the street and ask the taxi captain for a cab. In San Juan the cabbies have a very disciplined system of working through the Taxi Captain. He will call over the next taxi in turn and the driver will load your luggage into the trunk.

At the pier the cabby will un-load your luggage from his car to a ships porter as you wait. The porter will insure that it is added to the baggage that is been loaded on the ship.

Tip the cabby about $5 for the $15 ride and luggage handling. The porter will expect about $1 per bag for his services.

Just my advice!

Maureen, my boyfriend and I are also booked on the Golden Princess on 6/27. Have you met anyone else online who will be joining us? We're early 40's and are just going to relax and have a good time.

Also on the 6/27 Golden. This is a question I,ve been curious about also. From the above replies it looks like a taxi is the way to go. Trveling with 2 adults 40's and 4 young adults 17-21

du4mch,
Hi Neighbor!
Just ask the taxi captain for a mini-van and your family should all fit in one car! Have a great cruise! We will be sailing on the Golden Princess from San Juan on October 10th. We look forward to your comments upon your return.
Safe Travels,
Rod & Claire

It's nice to meet you guys. We're really looking forward to the cruise. Bad news it...we already booked the Princess transfers. I guess we can warn everyone else if it turns out being a hassle. What do y'all think about shore excursion? Are you going to book in advance or just wait until we get into the ports?

Maureen B and Du4mch, I have opened a thread on the Princess Roll Call for all of us sailing on the Golden Princess on June 27. If you meet anyone else who will be joining us, send them there. Wolfsnare is with us, too! See you soon...

Archived