When does Carnival assign its Guaranty cabins?

Hucc

It varies wildly from several weeks out all the way up to when you arrive at the port. It all depends on how many guarantees they sell and how busy the ship is overall.

As a data point, I recently was assigned my cabin on July 11 for a departure on Paradise on July 31.

Keep in mind that even once a cabin is showing up as assigned, the assignment can change.

Edited by gtalum

If the cabin can be assigned as late as the day of sailing, how does one print and fasten the identifying deck and room number tag to their bags to be checked at the port with the porter and delivered to their undetermined room number??

If the cabin can be assigned as late as the day of sailing, how does one print and fasten the identifying deck and room number tag to their bags to be checked at the port with the porter and delivered to their undetermined room number??

You can't do it ahead of time without a cabin assignment. If that happens you ask the porters when you show up, and they look up your cabin number for you and hand you some luggage tags. :)

Edited by gtalum

We are cruising the Legend in December, and I called to get my reservation # to register on the website, and was told we was upgraded to a balcony room from the basement. My question is can this change, or are we atleast garunteed the room number she gave us??

Technically you CAN still have your cabin assignment changed and are still only officially guaranteed the category you booked, but I have never heard of anyone dropping in category after a cabin has been assigned. I think (no guarantees, so to speak :) ) that they'd really only change it to upgrade you further (though also not particularly likely, mind you ;)).

Edited by gtalum

You can't do it ahead of time without a cabin assignment. If that happens you ask the porters when you show up, and they look up your cabin number for you and hand you some luggage tags. :)

Thank you gtalum for your reply.....Just did'nt want our bags floating out there without a home.

Thank you gtalum for your reply.....Just did'nt want our bags floating out there without a home.

I wouldn't stress too much about it. I don't think departure-day assignments occur very often. I was just letting you know that it's technically possible.

Edited by gtalum