Hub App

bhorney32

Has anyone used the Carnival Hub App yet? I would like to know if it is worth downloading before I go on my cruise. [emoji846]

Carnival Sunshine- June 21, 2014

Carnival Valor- June 20, 2015

Carnival Dream- June 19, 2016

Carnival Ecstasy- October 15, 2016

Has anyone used the Carnival Hub App yet? I would like to know if it is worth downloading before I go on my cruise. [emoji846]

We had a big group and all sprang for the "chat" option so we could meet up (or not) and loved it.

For us, it was worth having.

I downloaded it for my cruise on a ship that didn't even support it yet. I liked looking at the countdown. My upcoming Valor cruise does support it so I'll do all the free stuff on it and maybe get the chat thing. It's just a 3 day so we probably won't have much time to go wandering around by ourselves enough to really need chat but I'm a geek and will do geeky things just because.

Hell yeah it's worth it. You get a digital copy of Fun Times so you no longer have to remember to carry around the paper one. The chat feature is only 5 bucks for the entire cruise and makes it easy to communicate while on board. Download it for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just off the Valor and we used the Hub app. To me it was a fail. Parts of it worked but other parts didn't. And considering how log it's been out (irrelevant that it was just released for the Valor), it should have worked better.

The chat feature worked for us only about a 1/3 of the time. But the few times when it did work, we loved it.

The Fun Times part of it, a good part of the time, would not list the location of the activities. The locations would show up again if we checked later.

The S&S account part of it, we loved. This was pretty much live and accurate.

One addition I'd like to make to this, which I suggested to Carnival (not that it will do any good) would be to add that evening's MDR menus.

All in all, it was ok. It was worth free. We were refunded the $5 chat fee.

I downloaded it mainly for the Fun Times- the first time I tried to use it the Fun Times wouldn't load. I then placed the phone in a drawer and never opened the app back up. It was actually nice not having the phone with me for a week. I do like the one suggestion about placing the MDR menus on it, that would be nice. I think if you had children our a group the chat feature would be beneficial. It just wasn't for me.

Just off the Valor and we used the Hub app. To me it was a fail. Parts of it worked but other parts didn't. And considering how log it's been out (irrelevant that it was just released for the Valor), it should have worked better.

The chat feature worked for us only about a 1/3 of the time. But the few times when it did work, we loved it.

The Fun Times part of it, a good part of the time, would not list the location of the activities. The locations would show up again if we checked later.

The S&S account part of it, we loved. This was pretty much live and accurate.

One addition I'd like to make to this, which I suggested to Carnival (not that it will do any good) would be to add that evening's MDR menus.

All in all, it was ok. It was worth free. We were refunded the $5 chat fee.

We also were on the Valor 9/9-17. We had a group of 10, but only two of us had the Hub, which we really liked. The chat feature, as NCHIKK stated, was good when it worked, but seemed like the most important times it didn't. I didn't have any problem with it in our cabin, but my friend had to stand outside her room to get it to work most times. She went to guest services about it, and they told her they didn't have an IT person onboard, so just try reloading it. She did, but the chat still was sporadic at best. The other features all worked well. I too suggested they put the MDR menu on it. Wish I'd thought to ask for a refund of my chat fee!

To AussieOmni, the chat feature costs $5 for the entire cruise, per device. In my case, I and my husband had it, so it was $5 for each of us for the entire cruise.

John Heald said a few weeks ago that is was going live on the Magic 1 oct but the most recent update they added other ships but not the magic. As said earlier about first time on a ship I am not looking forward to it working flawlessly even if it does go live.

I used on the Breeze and it was awesome and definitely worth the 5.00 chat fee for the whole cruise. I also believe if you don't want the chat option that using the app is completely free for the week. Correct me if I am wrong.

John Heald said a few weeks ago that is was going live on the Magic 1 oct but the most recent update they added other ships but not the magic. As said earlier about first time on a ship I am not looking forward to it working flawlessly even if it does go live.

I used on the Breeze and it was awesome and definitely worth the 5.00 chat fee for the whole cruise. I also believe if you don't want the chat option that using the app is completely free for the week. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. You don't even have to buy any wifi package. The HUB app connects to ship wifi for free and does everything but chat for no charge.

Is there a list somewhere that states which ships have the hub? Chat feature will be a good way of keeping track of teenagers.

You can find a list of ships that have it, and current estimated upcoming implementation here:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

Toward the bottom of the page.

I too made the suggestion they add the MDR menu. They know what they are going to be serving. I would have decided to go to the Steakhouse sooner if we had read the menu. We read it around 4 pm when posted and didn't like it. Luckily we got into the Steakhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I too made the suggestion they add the MDR menu. They know what they are going to be serving. I would have decided to go to the Steakhouse sooner if we had read the menu. We read it around 4 pm when posted and didn't like it. Luckily we got into the Steakhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aren't the menus for the whole cruise on the TV from the get go?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Aren't the menus for the whole cruise on the TV from the get go?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Is this true? I get on Saturday so I will be looking for this. I hope that it is there.

If so I have missed this. I do know that you can go to GS and see the menu in advance.

Edited by 65stang