A1 or A4 - Riviera

xmarksx

Going to book a Riviera Mediterranean sailing for September 2017 on Friday and trying to decide between an A1 or A4.

We can book a concierge suite on deck 9, aft, and would be perfectly happy with this. However, I had our TA hold 12002 (the A1) this afternoon. A couple of questions for anyone that might know.

Are verandas on those four deck 12 concierge suites the same size as other veranda/concierge suites? I cannot find any decent photos.

Also, it appears they installed smoked glass along the front of those suite/concierge side verandas. Does that make it more cave-like? We like to get sun on our veranda whenever possible.

Cost is not a problem so no need to factor that into the decision. Fully recognize we can walk up to the spa deck whenever we want but I think most would agree there is nothing like being on your own veranda.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you are a sunbather, I'd suggest the A4, as aside from the Vista Suites, the verandas on Deck 12 are not very sunny (although the A1 verandas ARE the same size as others on the ship). Deck 14 runs all the way to the veranda railing, so the Deck 12 verandas are entirely roofed.

092418.jpg In this photograph, the blue line above the name of the ship runs at the level of the floor of Deck 7. Using that as a reference and counting up 5 decks you will be able to identify the verandas of 12002 and 12004 (above and just to the right of the bridge wing).

Jim and Stan, thank you so much.

As much as I hate to lose that nice spot, I guess we will give it up for an A4. I do like that it's close to the spa terrace and waves bar but doubt I can dissuade my wife from the possible sunshine. I found a video today that was shot in 1206 and noticed exactly what you were pointing out about the 14 overhang.