Baltimore and the Pride....

kierra

I know earlier this year the Pride had a little incident with the dock in Baltimore - is that repaired? I'm leaving on the Pride Dec 18th and if they are still loading at Deck 0 outside I'm tempted to just buy faster to the fun so as to not have to wait outside (I think deck 0 entry is all outdoors, no?)

Last year we got on so fast without it so it would have been a waste.

Anyone have an update or any ideas?

I'm sailing on her for Halloween and can definitely let you know as that will be closer to your date. I've been finding the consensus is that the earlier your check in time is FTTF is not really needed, as you are boarding a few minutes after priority.

I'm sailing on her for Halloween and can definitely let you know as that will be closer to your date. I've been finding the consensus is that the earlier your check in time is FTTF is not really needed, as you are boarding a few minutes after priority.

Thanks that's what I think happened last year - my concern isn't so much getting on the boat the fastest (ok that's a little lie as I have a 11am check in time) my biggest concern is standing outside in potentially snow or rain or sleet and cold to get on and it triggering an asthma attack. I'd rather not start my cruise off that way and if FTTF got me on sooner so I didn't have to wait outside that's a small price to pay.

Is there any way to select your check in time?

Yep - I don't think all ports are that way but for me Baltimore is. You select it when you do the online check-in, or its printed on your cruise docs if done by a travel agent probably

Is there any way to select your check in time?

Not sure when you're sailing, but we're sailing on the July 2nd cruise to Bermuda and the option is not yet available to choose our check-in time. Also, no excursions are listed yet for Bermuda, only FTTF for Baltimore.

Having just gotten off the Pride, I can tell you boarding is still on Deck A. The usual ramp, damaged earlier, appears repaired but is still not in use. There must be something still to finish but do not know when that will be.

I can tell you that you won't be "standing outside for hours" during the boarding process. From the terminal, there is maybe 20 feet of uncovered area before you enter gutted cargo containers that form a tunnel to the ship. They hold back people in the terminal so that no one has to stand in an uncovered area. The whole process was very well handled so you should have little to trigger an asthma attack (unless something else is your trigger).

• 3 weeks later...