Anthem and Bar Harbor Tender

pdcat21

Ok, so my cruise isn't until next October, but I have been doing some research and I have a question. We are supposed to anchor around 7ish. My question is: Is booking a 10 am trolley tour to Acadia doable? My only experience with tendering has been on Carnival where I had priority tendering. Thanks if someone can answer my question. Never been on a ship that big!

We were in Bar Harbor a week ago on another ship. We were told to allow 45 minutes for the tender although it was actually about 30 minutes. If you are doing a cruise-sponsored excursion, you'll probably have a priority pass for the tender so it won't be an issue. Otherwise, you'll just want to get there early to get on a tender.

Ok, so my cruise isn't until next October, but I have been doing some research and I have a question. We are supposed to anchor around 7ish. My question is: Is booking a 10 am trolley tour to Acadia doable? My only experience with tendering has been on Carnival where I had priority tendering. Thanks if someone can answer my question. Never been on a ship that big!

We were in Bar Harbor last week and had Priority Tender Tickets and were able to make the 10:00 trolley tour (not a ship sponsored tour), but one of our family members who was on a lower deck missed the trolley. They were gracious enough to refund her fare since we told them she was not off of the ship. NCL tenders first the people who have a ship sponsored tours and Priority and then they do it by decks. Hope this helps.

Cole

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Bar Harbor last week but not on Anthem. However, if you're on an itinerary that starts in Canada and BH is your first U.S. port of call, I just wanted to give you a heads up that you will have to add some time to your plans for clearing U.S. immigration individually on the ship. On our ship, that was accomplished in less than an hour (everyone on the ship obtaining and then presenting their passports to one of two agents), but our ship only had around 700 passengers and so clearance for bigger ships may take longer. We were traveling independently (just getting off the ship, not taking a ship's excursion) and it took a little under an hour and a half to go through the passport check, get tender tickets and tender ashore. The ship dropped anchor by 8 and I was able to walk up to the Village Green bus stop (farther than the Oli stop) by 9:30. That was later than I had hoped, but early enough to be able to get in a good amount of sightseeing on my day in Bar Harbor.

We are just off Anthem. We had 10 am trolley tour tickets and made tour. Some others did not get off in time but called the company and we waited for them. A tip is to tell the crew member in the area where you are waiting that you have a private tour and need to get off. She let us go without waiting for our tender ticket number to be called.She asked to see proof of the tour which we did have. (the confirmation) Also as we got off no crew member ever even asked to see anyones tender ticket. You will most likely be fine. The waters were rough that day so the tenders were slow. Had we waited for our number to be called we might not have made it. Hope this helps.