Single & Cruising the Grandeur 3/20/06!

Harbahqueen

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else was cruising solo on this cruise March 20th, 2006 out of Tampa. It will be my first cruise, I am single and going to celebrate my 50th birthday while on the cruise. I am excitedly looking forward to this, as well as meeting new people. Hopefully this cruise will be the first of many to come! :D

Happy Cruising!

HI Sarah, I guess we are neighbors! We can never get enough of the ocean, can we..lol. Yes,I did pay the single supplement. I am in a cabin by myself. I didn't think the price was all that bad. The cruise is leaving out of Tampa on the 20th of March and returnoing on March 25th. We are going to Cozumel ( hopefully), and Costa Maya. :D

Hi again Sarah, It would be nice to know of someone beforehand going on this cruise. Even nicer for it to be a "neighbor". I am thinking of going to Tampa the day before so I will be rested and not have Monday as a whole travel day. I am booking my flight this week. Ciao for now!:D

Hi Sarah,

My cruise was $850.78 including single supplement for a large oceanview. I thought that wasn't a bad price for single. I do hope I am not in the engine room though..lol. Also, I have been checking flights for a while. Although going out of PVD is my prefernce, I can get a better price on Jet Blue, but going out of BOS. I figure I can catch the Logan Express in Sagamore and not have to worry about parking my car at either airport. It is $237.10 to leave on Sunday & return the following Sat. I have booked a one night ( Sun. night before cruise) at the Best Western Westshore for $99. and they will pick up at airport, and can arrange transportation to cruise port & then from ship to airport. This is my first cruise and I am sure I will learn all the ropes soon for my next. I have read a lot on these boards and another one, and I felt more comfortable booking each separately myself. That wasy I ws in control of the air times. I did go through an online agency for the cruise. Lets talk soon. Maybe get some particulars on each other. I am 49, and I will be cruising for my 50th b'day present to me!

Maureen

Archived