Ship excursion (RCCL, STV1) and Coki?

Piggeldy

We will be on St. Thomas in November and I am wondering if we can fit both a ship excursion and a bit of snorkeling at Coki Beach into the day?

We arrive at 7 am (and will have to go through immigration - dreading it already), the excursion starts at 8.30 am and is listed as lasting 3 hrs 15 (Buck Island Sail & Snorkel) so we should be back around 11.45/12.00.

A taxi to Coki needs about 30 minutes? So if we head directly from the excursion to catch a taxi, we should be at Coki around 12.30?

We are in port until 5 pm so assuming all aboard is 4.30 pm... we'd have at least three hours at Coki. I understand Coki will most likely be busy if we arrive around noon (only two ships in port but with Indy and Carnival Vista that still means ~8000 people).

Do you think that's doable? Is three hours at Coki reasonable or not enough and not worth it? How is traffic from Coki in the afternoon (I think we will be docked at Crown Bay?)? Skip the excursion, go to Coki early, grab a taxi to Sapphire at noon and hope for turtles there?