off Valor 9/30/16 Questions?

cthrn27

While I have to say that the ships decor is NOT my favorite, the ship itself is wonderful and so clean. I think it is the cleanest ship I have been on... we had a small flat screen tv but used it mostly for noise as we fell asleep... the bathroom was very clean, no mildew anywhere.... My window was clean and easy to see out of. The fridge in the room wasn't very cold and there was no ice bucket, but the beds were soft and snuggly and I slept quite well. All in all I was very impressed with the Valor.

While I have to say that the ships decor is NOT my favorite, the ship itself is wonderful and so clean. I think it is the cleanest ship I have been on... we had a small flat screen tv but used it mostly for noise as we fell asleep... the bathroom was very clean, no mildew anywhere.... My window was clean and easy to see out of. The fridge in the room wasn't very cold and there was no ice bucket, but the beds were soft and snuggly and I slept quite well. All in all I was very impressed with the Valor.

This was one of our favourites, as far as decor goes...definitely better than the gaudines of the Conquest. We liked the thesm of figures from American history all over the ship...except the main theatre, which was medievil...just didn't understand that.

Great to hear!! 14 more days until we set sail on her!! How was the food?

Room service, good. Deli, good. Pizzeria, great. Buffet, passable. Guy's, very good. Burrito bar, good. Sea day brunches, inconsistent. Seuss brunch, bad. MDR, very inconsiatent but it was the debut sailing of American Table.

Room service, good. Deli, good. Pizzeria, great. Buffet, passable. Guy's, very good. Burrito bar, good. Sea day brunches, inconsistent. Seuss brunch, bad. MDR, very inconsiatent but it was the debut sailing of American Table.

Good to hear. Hopefully by the time we go the MDR will be more consistent. This our first cruise with Carnival. I normally go on Royal, but I wanted to try it. My husband has never been on a cruise. We will avoid the Dr. Seuss brunch, and I'm not a big buffet eater. Is Guy's just a burger bar?

Did you go to HMC? If so, can you post the funtimes, if you have it, from that day?

I'm mainly wanting to know what is available to eat at lunchtime on the ship that day. I am planning on going over to HMC first thing and then heading back to the ship for lunch since my experience with the food spread at HMC has been less than stellar and I really want to take advantage of the new venues on the ship if they are open.

Did you by chance have cheers?

To aubreysmom:

You asked if Guy's was just a burger bar. Yes. But the burgers are far and away so much better than the burgers that used to be served pool side. They are hot, fast, and delicious!! And there are lots of topping choices. In addition the fries are tasty, too. Hope you enjoy!

To aubreysmom:

You asked if Guy's was just a burger bar. Yes. But the burgers are far and away so much better than the burgers that used to be served pool side. They are hot, fast, and delicious!! And there are lots of topping choices. In addition the fries are tasty, too. Hope you enjoy!

True , but they changed the meat after the original introduction of Guy's and while still good ,just not quite the same flavor . Also if you request the " pig patty "the servers will point you to the fixin bar .