Cruise pricing

maxx

I have just noticed on P&O website that they seem to have reduced the prices pre discount. We got a 50% discount so I can't complain, but I am curious as to why all the prices have been reduced. Does anyone know?

you would think with the price of fuel going up they would be increasing not decreasing prices.

Maybe they are going to bring another ship to australia and they want confirmed seats booked on current cruises. Not sure, but there certainly seems to be some heavy discounts.

Plus there also also seems to be a heck of lot of advertising both press and tv. Was that always the case or am i just noticing it more.

Great for all us wouldbe cruisers.

karon

you would think with the price of fuel going up they would be increasing not decreasing prices.

Maybe they are going to bring another ship to australia and they want confirmed seats booked on current cruises. Not sure, but there certainly seems to be some heavy discounts.

Plus there also also seems to be a heck of lot of advertising both press and tv. Was that always the case or am i just noticing it more.

Great for all us wouldbe cruisers.

karon

Best Cruises sent out an email list the 10 8/1 Sun cruise for $1645. Was that one of the ones you were interested in? Sometimes it is cheaper or as cheap to go twin share than quad.

We were looking at the 18/1 originally and they had a special on twin but not quad. Twins were $1495 and quads $1700! How bizarre. Since then I haven't seen the price that low on that cruise.

OK just called best cruises.

$1645pp is twin share T class (which apparently is a bunk bed config. 1 upper and 1 lower bed??) these have been discounted down to $1459pp.

They are selling as total cabin only so we cant book just one of us in one of these cabins.

There prices on a 3 berth in quad share were more then PO??

So im looking for a roomate!! Anyone want to share with a 25yo male who is loads of fun! Bargain price I reckon $1459 for 10 nights all meals included! Cruising the fabulous Islands of the South Pacific? Here is the link to the cruise itinery http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/n602.cfm (Can you tell im a salesmen?)

Cheers

Dan

I think the reason they are cheaper is that it is still school holidays and they have booked all the quad rooms ages ago with families. now they have got their quota of each age group kids they have to offsell the remaining rooms. This was the case on my cruise during the last holidays. People who booked late got real cheap prices. Thats my thoughts anyway.

karon

I think the reason they are cheaper is that it is still school holidays and they have booked all the quad rooms ages ago with families. now they have got their quota of each age group kids they have to offsell the remaining rooms. This was the case on my cruise during the last holidays. People who booked late got real cheap prices. Thats my thoughts anyway.

karon

For Dans sake I hope that they havent reached the quota for each age group because he is taking his nephew.

Thats the only problem when waiting for a good deal. The good deal may come but you get waitlisted for the kids.

Kazza

For Dans sake I hope that they havent reached the quota for each age group because he is taking his nephew.

Thats the only problem when waiting for a good deal. The good deal may come but you get waitlisted for the kids.

Kazza

I spoke with P&O this morning and they said "There are heaps of spaces in the kids facilities" for the one i need (10yo). So im gonna sweat it out. Although the above deal is good enough and if i can find a roomate I'll book it Asap.

Can you believe I have asked all of my mates and even offered them a super deal $500 (I'd pay the rest) and none will take it!! Apparently all want to go but their significant others wont let them go. I say go anyway and deal with the consequenses when you get back, she cant be angry for ever? Can she?

Dan

Kazza

I spoke with P&O this morning and they said "There are heaps of spaces in the kids facilities" for the one i need (10yo). So im gonna sweat it out. Although the above deal is good enough and if i can find a roomate I'll book it Asap.

Can you believe I have asked all of my mates and even offered them a super deal $500 (I'd pay the rest) and none will take it!! Apparently all want to go but their significant others wont let them go. I say go anyway and deal with the consequenses when you get back, she cant be angry for ever? Can she?

Dan

Dan

Can she???? you ask... i take it you are not married. Us females can hold a grudge for a very long time especially if it were to involve said partner going on a cruise and other having to stay home. I would be ticked for a very long time........:)

Is there another place you can advertise , you know like all these singles boards.I am sure there must be heaps of people wanting to do this, especially for the price.

Do you know any single teachers they would be ideal.

Like aussiedisneyfan i would offer my services but i tend to get up early and you would wake me up when you came home at night?morning...

good luck and dont leave it too long i would hate for you to miss out.

karon

Karon,

No im not married, I havent found anyone willing to put up with me for that long.

I was only really being half serious when i advertised for a roomate, that said if anyone is serious I would probably take you up on the offer.

I wont miss out, next Thursday is the deadline. Best price wins next Thursday.

Yeah after offering what they have termed "The Deal" to my circle of friends and being turned down im starting to re-evaluate my circle of friends. I even went into the Tim Stell line .."Have I got a deal for you!" Heck I even offered a free set of steak knives. They all seem to have partners that wont let them travel with us. I think the stories of our last cruise adventures have scared their partners.

Thanks to Karon and Aussiedisneyfan for the offer...

Dan

Has anyone actually cruised through BestCruises before? I have been given an unbelievable price for a twin cabin (yes, some more people for our cruise) and as I dont know BestCruises I am nervous about them.

I have confirmed it is a twin price and not a quad but it is lower then any quad I have seen around (for the same cruise) and I am a bit concerned about it (paranoid I guess).

A girl from work has used them. She had no problems, they were the cheapest and all her documentation arrived by mail (registered I think) at the same time that Keepcruising's agent rang to say their stuff was ready. If I remember correctly they had high cancellation charges and deposit.

That "T" class cabin I presume is much smaller then a normal twin? like not as wide...

interesting I will find out tomorrow..

thanks for the info..

are BestCruises new? I cant find ANY testimonials and or forum chat about them (apart from here)...

Archived