Advice about Grand Tour of St.Kitts with Thenford Gey on cruise stop

tusconcam

Hi there. I'm looking for advice/experiences about which tour to take when I'm in St. Kitts in May.

The ones offered by RCCL don't look that appealing and are quite pricey.

My girlfriend and I would like to see a bit of the main attractions/local flavor and get to spend time on a nice beach if possible.

This tour in question is $55 US pp and travels to Basseterre for stops at a memorial,a square, a church and cathedral and then Romney Manor. Caribelle Batik shop. Brimstone Hill Fortress and then Timothy Hill? (don't know if there is a quick stop there?) on the way to Either Cockleshell Beach or South Friar's Beach.

Q's: How is the excitement level on the tour? I know that enjoyment is a subjective thing, but are you seeing interesting things? I personally am curious about the fortress, but have heard there is not much to see at the Manor. Can someone chime in on what you saw?

Who/what determines which beach the tour will stop at?

What are the differences between the two beaches?

What are some Pro's and Con's about each beach? Are there any amenities at either? Was food and drink available at either one and was it expensive?

Did you find that you had enough time at the beach? Was there an option to stay longer? If you did, was it expensive and/or difficult to get back to the pier on time?

How was your initial Tour pick up? We are arriving on RCCL's Harmony of the Seas, so not sure which pier we will be at

Were you satisfied with his tour? If not, do you have any experience with another Tour Operator/Tour that you'd recommend for a mix of local scenery and a beach break?

Sorry for the lengthy post. I have read some reviews here and on Trip Advisor and been to various Tour company websites, but I thought that getting some personal information here would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Your ship, Harmony of the Seas in the only ship in port on 5/24/17. There is really only one cruise ship pier at Port Zante. All of the tourist related activities are here- shopping, taxi and tour operations etc. During the heavy cruise season, ships will occasionally have to use the Deep Water pier which is further away. Docking at the Deep Water harbor is rare unless the ship was unscheduled and the pier at Port Zante was occupied. There is talk of the installation of a second pier at Port Zante.

Just did the tour with Thenford Grey on 9/25/16......

BEST TRIP EVER!!!!! Our driver was Henry Williams, amazing older gentleman, very knowledgable and our snorkel guide was Jermaine, Thenford Greys nephew.

Jermaine hands down went WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR US!!!! He picked up sea eggs for use, sea cucumbers, star fish, got us a batfish and we traveled with a shovel nose lobster.

What made this trip outstanding for my g/f and I was we were the only 2 on this excursion.

Hands down book with Thenford Grey. You will not be disappointed!!! Anymore questions please let me know.