What is near Radisson at Port Canaveral?

5pullins

We will be flying into MCO in 12 days. We have lined up shuttle service through Cortrans. Is there a Wal-Mart or pharmacy within walking distance from the hotel? We will need to purchase carry on wine and soft drinks. The Radisson front desk told me they have complimentary shuttle to nearby restaurants but wasn't sure about anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be flying into MCO in 12 days. We have lined up shuttle service through Cortrans. Is there a Wal-Mart or pharmacy within walking distance from the hotel? We will need to purchase carry on wine and soft drinks. The Radisson front desk told me they have complimentary shuttle to nearby restaurants but wasn't sure about anywhere else.

Sorry, no Walmart or pharmacy close to the Radisson. There is a Publix grocery store about 2 to 3 miles south of the Radisson.

Edited by Magellan321

I'm pretty sure there's a Burger King or a McDonald's across the street, but be very careful if you cross! I have stayed at the Radisson, Holiday Inn, and Country Inns and Suites but whenever we went out to eat we drove somewhere. You may be able to eat breakfast at Country Inns since they are sister hotels?? Maybe if you call the hotel and they can give you an idea about who delivers to the hotel or they might even have an area shuttle? Good luck!

Were looking at that one too! I'm curious as well.

Just a suggestion as I'm pretty sure you will be on your honeymoon. Check out the Homewood Suites near the Radisson if you only need the night before(very clean, new, and includes breakfast). If you are in for more than one night....check out the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach for beach views.

Edited by Magellan321

Just a suggestion as I'm pretty sure you will be on your honeymoon. Check out the Homewood Suites near the Radisson if you only need the night before(very clean, new, and includes breakfast). If you are in for more than one night....check out the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach for beach views.

Thanks for that I'll check them out!

Thanks for that I'll check them out!

I really think you would be happier with Homewood over the Radisson. Really nice pool and fresh breakfast. Most of all....new room and awesome staff.

If you are not a Hilton rewards member...just sign up and you will see the special pricing.

I really think you would be happier with Homewood over the Radisson. Really nice pool and fresh breakfast. Most of all....new room and awesome staff.

If you are not a Hilton rewards member...just sign up and you will see the special pricing.

All the hotels in the area are so expensive. It's kind of crazy! We were gonna book through go port because they offer you everything;airport transfer to and from,price of hotel and shuttle to/from port. It came out to be 129$ for 2 ppl. But I'm Leary of booking that way because of my prior experience with booking through third parties.

Edited by Desinico

All the hotels in the area are so expensive. It's kind of crazy! We were gonna book through go port because they offer you everything;airport transfer to and from,price of hotel and shuttle to/from port. It came out to be 129$ for 2 ppl. But I'm Leary of booking that way because of my prior experience with booking through third parties.

I totally understand your hesitation! You aren't cruising till next summer...is the go port site refundable?

OK...just a suggestion...go to one of the "booking" sites and pick a hotel in front of MCO. The homewood, hyatt place, embassy, residence, and even country inn are nice and include breakfast. Snag one of their non prepay rates....then keep watching the go port site. Believe me things come and go often. So you will have your bases covered with no money out of pocket. If you stay by the airport...some have shuttle add ons....but Cortrans isn't a bad deal at 20 pp each way

Yes ma'am....they will take you to and from the port. So will Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Travelynx. Cortrans has a website that lists which hotels outside of MCO they do a direct pick up from

Ok great! Thanks I'll look into right now!

Ok great! Thanks I'll look into right now!

You are very welcome! Keep in mind the hotels I listed at the airport include breakfast when working on total cost. Yes, I'm a spreadsheet money gal by trade so I have the habit of figuring my net cost even on my vacation choices.

You are very welcome! Keep in mind the hotels I listed at the airport include breakfast when working on total cost. Yes, I'm a spreadsheet money gal by trade so I have the habit of figuring my net cost even on my vacation choices.

Lol where were you when I started wedding planning! I'm still trying to figure out how to put savings away for this honeymoon!