QM2 on cover of December's "Cruise Travel" magazine

dtwtraveler

We received our copy yesterday. The centerfold photo of the Queen Mary 2 is great. The article by Theodore W. Scull is inspiring to read for those who wish to sail on the QM2 and for those who have been on or waiting for the next cruise.

We sailed on the QM2 in September 2004, for the maiden voyage cruise to Canada, and will be on board again on December 8, for the 12 day Caribbean cruise roundtrip from NYC. I am sure if Mr. Scull, who has been on many cruise ships , would have found his QM2 experience poor, he would have written about it. That is why I have trouble with some of the severe negative comments on this board by passengers who have had such a bad impression of their cruising experience on the QM2. It would be good for them to read this article in order to redirect the appreciation of this great ocean liner.

We have never sailed trans Atlantic and are thinking of doing it in 2006. Mr. Scull's article helped us more with that desire and are thinking of booking it while onboard in December.

Terrence and Loretta

I was on the QM2's maiden Carribean cruise Jan.2004, & although I think the ship was understaffed & the food & service are just average, & there are some flaws in the ship's design as well as the overall organization of the cruise, I still found the ship to be very beautiful & grand, & a joy to cruise on. I also don't think the ship deserve some of the overly negative reviews I've read on this board based on my own experience on the ship.

Archived