AARP Carnival GC's available now - 10% off

twitzgall

Thanks, I've got it now!!!

I can't locate anywhere in the link where Carnival gift cards can be purchased. Typing it in search just leads me to unrelated gift card purchasing sites. Please help. Thank you!!!

Edited by skewsus
Solved.

AARP.com

Go to rewards for good.

You have to sign up but do not have to be an AARP member. You have to take quizzes to earn points. It's 1000 points for 100 gift card. They are super easy to do and do not take much time.

You get a decent amount of points just for signing up.

Post any questions,

Donna

Can you use these carnival gift cards to pay for anything? Like Cheers.

Gift cards applied to your on-board account will be used to fund your Sail and Sign account. You can put the cards on your account on board and then purchase Cheers (currently Cheers cannot be pre-purchased with gift cards). Remember, Cheers is $5.00 a day more when purchased on-board.

Can someone tell me what they can be used for other than paying for your cruise? OBC? What about the Tracy Arm excursion through the ship by

You can pre-purchase excursions with gift cards, but they cannot be used for "Fun Shop" purchases (Cheers, bottles of liquor, etc) before you are on-board. Once you apply them to your Sign and Sail account, it is the same as having OBC).

Gift cards applied to your on-board account will be used to fund your Sail and Sign account. You can put the cards on your account on board and then purchase Cheers (currently Cheers cannot be pre-purchased with gift cards). Remember, Cheers is $5.00 a day more when purchased on-board.

Found this out the hard way. Oh well..guess I'm buying Cheers beforehand for extra 10% discount and using GC's I bought for extra OBC. Not like they're gonna go to waste!

BTW - gift cards are still active and available.

So, dumb question---How do I use them? take them to guest services to use before my credit card?

Never a dumb question. :) You can use them to put down a deposit on a cruise, use towards final payment, buy excursions thru Carnival's website, and when you board, go to Guest Services and apply them towards your onboard account. (You will still need to give your credit card # for your onboard account, but nothing will need to get charged to it unless you use up the gift card amount.)

But if you buy anything through the Bon Voyage department, bottled water for the cabin, etc., you will need to use a regular credit card.

Do the 500.00 cards still have to be signed for?

Yes, those are delivers via UPS. You can setup a MyUPS account to say, hold the shipment at a UPS Store, if that's more convenient for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the heads up about the gift cards.Wasn't expecting them to come up for a few more days. You have to sign for both the Verizon cards and the AARP cards. Only difference I found was you have to ship cards to the billing address of the credit card you use for AArp----where Verizon can be different.

Just wondering, how can you tell which quiz will give you points? I did one and got nothing, did a 2nd one and got 400 points then did 3 other ones and got nothing for any of them.

Would like to get that extra 100 points to get another card

Thanks everyone for the heads up about the gift cards.Wasn't expecting them to come up for a few more days. You have to sign for both the Verizon cards and the AARP cards. Only difference I found was you have to ship cards to the billing address of the credit card you use for AArp----where Verizon can be different.

Is this new? I have bought several through AARP and have them delivered to my work address, which is not the same as my billing address for credit card. That will make it difficult since nobody is home to sign during the day.

Is this new? I have bought several through AARP and have them delivered to my work address, which is not the same as my billing address for credit card. That will make it difficult since nobody is home to sign during the day.

It depends on the amount you buy. I think the $500 ones need a signature. (I wouldn't know - they always get delivered to my work where our mailroom requires a signature on everything anyway.)

It's been within the last couple of months. My first order was $600 (1 @ $500 and 1 @ $100) and I was able to have it sent to my parents house (except the UPS carrier brought it to my house and almost ruined the surprise for my husband). My second order was 1 @ $500 and it was also sent to my parents' house via UPS. My third order was $400 and it had to be mailed to my house.