How does the CHEERS program work?

BambiD

There are several threads but I'll go over my recent experience on the Dream (last week). We got on board and went to the coffee bar and both got our stickers and a coffee. Then we went to the Lido, I went to the back bar and got a drink.

Basically you are prepaying for beverages up to $50 with a maximum of 15 per day per person. Non booze coffee, water, sodas and milkshakes don't count towards the 15. There are a few $14-$20 beverages onboard but most are $9-$10.

Out of 7 days I managed to hit my 15 once, my wife never got past 10. We'd usually get a couple of drinks with breakfast, have a few during the day and 2-3 with dinner. Afterwards we'd go to the Atrium bar and drink until we were tired.

I still think it was worth it but I probably won't buy it again. The day I hit 15 it was from sampling the various scotches and bourbons and I really didn't get drunk. Most other days I had bloody marys, margaritas, a couple of glasses of wine and sprite with tequila. Stuff I normally wouldn't order anyway.

You get up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. Most are covered. I don't think I have ever ordered a drink that wasn't covered.

Essentially if you drink 5 alcoholic drinks per day (or more) then it is worth the cost. I have only hit the 15 drinks once or twice but still found the package was well worth it. it's easy to have a few drinks at the pool, a few more at meals, a few in the evening. I enjoy it because I can prepay the package and not worry about how much I'm spending on board. $10 drinks can add up quickly.

You also get unlimited non alcoholic drinks including specialty coffees, n/a frozen drinks and sodas (which while not $10 a drink can still add up).

I have purchased the package on both of my previous cruises and at the end when adding up all the covered beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic) I have always spent less on the package than a la cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

what do you need clarification regarding, beyond what is explicated here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

yes, it covers alcohol and soda. and soda doesn't count against the 15-day limit.

i don't mean to sound short, but it's pretty clearly explained on their website ^^ there.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

yes, it covers alcohol and soda. and soda doesn't count against the 15-day limit.

i don't mean to sound short, but it's pretty clearly explained on their website ^^ there.

Thank you for saying what I always want to. 99% of most questions, on these threads could be answered simply by going to the Carnival website. :rolleyes:

Thank you for saying what I always want to. 99% of most questions, on these threads could be answered simply by going to the Carnival website. :rolleyes:

Or scrolling through the page.....or searching the page. Just like the 500 gift card threads asking the same exact questions over and over and.......over.

it was an honest question. i figure some people actually don't know or haven't bothered to look at the carnival policies / faq whatever else. but you're welcome ;)

Or scrolling through the page.....or searching the page. Just like the 500 gift card threads asking the same exact questions over and over and.......over.

i don't know why we still do it. where's the fist bump emoji on cc... jersey strong ;) lol

In terms of specialty coffee, my wife LOVES Starbucks frappicinos. Do they make those on the ship, specifically the inspiration, and if so are they included in the cheers? I've read the site but I don't know what exactly they are referring to or even what the available options are.

In terms of specialty coffee, my wife LOVES Starbucks frappicinos. Do they make those on the ship, specifically the inspiration, and if so are they included in the cheers? I've read the site but I don't know what exactly they are referring to or even what the available options are.

yes. she will be able to get basically whatever she gets at starbucks on the ship.

this is the menu that i can find at the moment (i'm not a pro or anything):

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/JavaBlueCafeMenupdf.ashx

that's not for inspiration though, but looks a heck of a lot of what i've seen on other ships too.

i bet she could get whatever she wants from the coffee bar. and CHEERS it will be included in cheers pricing lol

If there is an actual Starbucks on the ship then that is not covered. All of the coffees at the ship's own coffee stands are included. I'm not sure if they make a frap at the ship's coffee stands. They will do lattes, ice coffees, spiked coffees. Just not sure of the blended.

Thank you all for the information - even those that felt the need to negate the question with a caddy undertone. Perhaps, I didn't formulate my question properly enough.

I HAVE poured through the Carnival website and while they describe the use of a "sticker" for their prepaid soda program they did not specify how the purchase of the CHEERS program would be identified. (at least not that I could find) I could not tell if it was a sticker, a wristband or perhaps it might be coded into the keycard. I don't know if this sticker is going to be issued at check in - perhaps we need to collect it somewhere on board. Is it waterproof? We typically carry our keycards in a lanyard but is it okay if it accidentally gets wet?

We are first time cruisers with Carnival (migrating from DCL) and we are learning that Disney tends to do things their own way. (which we totally expected)

Apparently, the DisBoards are much more user friendly as well.

Thank you! I'd appreciate the logistics - the how, the when and the where of the program. It seems to be a sticker but where do you get it and when? Do you need proof of your payment or is it coded somewhere into your reservation?

Thank you for your curt and seemingly condescending reply. Most people would have just ignored something that irritated them and moved on.

I have been through the website and apparently didn't formulate my question in an acceptable fashion. I was more interested in the HOW of the program. Is it a sticker, a wristband or coded into the card. The soda program is outlined in the website but I did not find the same information on the CHEERS program.

Thankfully - some other posters were able to help. Have a great day !

Thank you all for the information - even those that felt the need to negate the question with a caddy undertone. Perhaps, I didn't formulate my question properly enough.

I HAVE poured through the Carnival website and while they describe the use of a "sticker" for their prepaid soda program they did not specify how the purchase of the CHEERS program would be identified. (at least not that I could find) I could not tell if it was a sticker, a wristband or perhaps it might be coded into the keycard. I don't know if this sticker is going to be issued at check in - perhaps we need to collect it somewhere on board. Is it waterproof? We typically carry our keycards in a lanyard but is it okay if it accidentally gets wet?

We are first time cruisers with Carnival (migrating from DCL) and we are learning that Disney tends to do things their own way. (which we totally expected)

Apparently, the DisBoards are much more user friendly as well.

I always prepay it through the website before boarding. It is automatically associated with you sign and sail card so when it is swiped you will get a receipt that shows $0 and allows you to add extra gratuity if you want.

There are stickers that go on your card. I've had the sticker and not had the sticker. I've not seen a difference in service other than your bartender knowing ahead of the swipe which can be beneficial if you order something not covered the bartenders are good at letting you know before they pour it.

Has anyone purchased and had any experience with the CHEERS program to include their sodas and liquor?

Thank you for your curt and seemingly condescending reply. Most people would have just ignored something that irritated them and moved on.

I have been through the website and apparently didn't formulate my question in an acceptable fashion. I was more interested in the HOW of the program. Is it a sticker, a wristband or coded into the card. The soda program is outlined in the website but I did not find the same information on the CHEERS program.

Thankfully - some other posters were able to help. Have a great day !

it was an honest response / question. look at your original post. i answered the question that yes it includes soda and liquor, added that soda doesn't count toward the 15-day limit, offered a link to the program and asked for clarification of what you were asking about. i even specifically said i don't mean to sound short (or curt and condescending as you read it)... i apologize if you took it that way but it was not my intent to be rude. the question was unclear.

it is coded to your card. when you purchase the program, they will put a sticker on your card but you do not actually need the sticker, it is coded to your card and can be used without the sticker. in fact, i have had to replace a card once, and when given the replacement they did not put a sticker on it, and it didn't matter at all. also since you're asking about the logistics, the photo they take of you when you board the ship is also coded to your card. when a bartender rings up a purchase, they can view the photo to ensure that the person using the card is in fact you.

you have a great day, too! ;)

There are several threads but I'll go over my recent experience on the Dream (last week). We got on board and went to the coffee bar and both got our stickers and a coffee. Then we went to the Lido, I went to the back bar and got a drink.

Basically you are prepaying for beverages up to $50 with a maximum of 15 per day per person. Non booze coffee, water, sodas and milkshakes don't count towards the 15. There are a few $14-$20 beverages onboard but most are $9-$10.

Out of 7 days I managed to hit my 15 once, my wife never got past 10. We'd usually get a couple of drinks with breakfast, have a few during the day and 2-3 with dinner. Afterwards we'd go to the Atrium bar and drink until we were tired.

I still think it was worth it but I probably won't buy it again. The day I hit 15 it was from sampling the various scotches and bourbons and I really didn't get drunk. Most other days I had bloody marys, margaritas, a couple of glasses of wine and sprite with tequila. Stuff I normally wouldn't order anyway.

Thank you so much for the reply! I appreciate the feedback

You get up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. Most are covered. I don't think I have ever ordered a drink that wasn't covered.

Essentially if you drink 5 alcoholic drinks per day (or more) then it is worth the cost. I have only hit the 15 drinks once or twice but still found the package was well worth it. it's easy to have a few drinks at the pool, a few more at meals, a few in the evening. I enjoy it because I can prepay the package and not worry about how much I'm spending on board. $10 drinks can add up quickly.

You also get unlimited non alcoholic drinks including specialty coffees, n/a frozen drinks and sodas (which while not $10 a drink can still add up).

I have purchased the package on both of my previous cruises and at the end when adding up all the covered beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic) I have always spent less on the package than a la cart.

Thank you so much! We certainly enjoy our cocktails when cruising. I bought this program to avoid any financial surprises at the end of the cruise. I appreciate your feedback :)

Thank you so much! We certainly enjoy our cocktails when cruising. I bought this program to avoid any financial surprises at the end of the cruise. I appreciate your feedback :)

Maybe the moderators of this forum should stick some threads on these types of topics so they are easily found.

Could easily stick threads for:

Cheers

Gift Cards

Etc

But that would lead to fewer posts on the forum now wouldn't it.

Maybe the moderators of this forum should stick some threads on these types of topics so they are easily found.

Could easily stick threads for:

Cheers

Gift Cards

Etc

But that would lead to fewer posts on the forum now wouldn't it.

Can we add discussions about "Dress code Violations in the MDR" as well?

:)