Sky 9/16/16 trip review with lots of pictures

CruisinCrow

Great review- thank you! Did you eat at Longboards? Was there an Asian restaurant? How were the shows? :)

We didn't eat at Longboards. We went there once on our first Sky cruise and the bartenders didn't seem very excited about serving food so we didn't bother to go this time. :) It's not really a restaurant. It's a bar that has food.

No Asian restaurant. There is a steak house, a French restaurant and an Italian restaurant. And there's a sushi bar in the Plantation Lounge in the evenings. We stuck with the main dining rooms this trip because we didn't want to spend the extra money on food.

The only show we went to was the Perfect Couple game in Captain Cook's Lounge. That was audience participation and it was fun to watch. We enjoyed the live music by the Essence band too.

Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

I was reading another thread and saw a post of yours and decided to click the link to this review in your signature (to read about Nassau and Freeport since a cruise that I am about to book for Nov goes to these ports). I'm so glad I did! Thank you for the great review and outstanding pics. Those sunrise pics in Nassau are fantastic. It was also interesting to read about the Sky. I just may have to ditch the kiddos for a few days and take a girlfriends weekend trip on the Sky! lol

I was reading another thread and saw a post of yours and decided to click the link to this review in your signature (to read about Nassau and Freeport since a cruise that I am about to book for Nov goes to these ports). I'm so glad I did! Thank you for the great review and outstanding pics. Those sunrise pics in Nassau are fantastic. It was also interesting to read about the Sky. I just may have to ditch the kiddos for a few days and take a girlfriends weekend trip on the Sky! lol

Thank you. We had wonderful weather that weekend. I hope you will too. Enjoy Nassau and Freeport!

Hi there CruisinCrow!

I have a 7 day cruise booked on NCL Escape and had a crazy notion to do a quick 4 or 5 day cruise beforehand. 2 (out of a possible 3) of the ships I'm considering are NCL Sky and Carnival Victory, so imagine my surprise when I came across your signature with reviews for both. I read your Sky review first, then read your Victory review from 2014 followed by your Victory review from 2016. Enjoyed your writing style and great pics!

Care to give an opinion on which was your favorite? Or better yet, which itinerary from the below choices would you pick to do over again? Thanks :)

ka4ies.png

Hi there CruisinCrow!

I have a 7 day cruise booked on NCL Escape and had a crazy notion to do a quick 4 or 5 day cruise beforehand. 2 (out of a possible 3) of the ships I'm considering are NCL Sky and Carnival Victory, so imagine my surprise when I came across your signature with reviews for both. I read your Sky review first, then read your Victory review from 2014 followed by your Victory review from 2016. Enjoyed your writing style and great pics!

Care to give an opinion on which was your favorite? Or better yet, which itinerary from the below choices would you pick to do over again? Thanks :)

I've actually been on all of those ships. :) Of the four you listed, I actually think I would go with Enchantment. It's a very nice ship and that's a great itinerary. I prefer port days over sea days, though. You may have a different preference.

Between Victory and Sky, they have their pluses and minuses. I thought the food was better on Sky - lots of dining options. Victory pretty much just has the main dining room and the buffet. The pizza is really good on Victory, if you don't mind waiting in long line to get it. :) The open bar on Sky is good if you like beer. For other drinks, things seemed to be pre-mixed and not that great. I'd rather have quality over quantity. Loved Victory's Alchemy Bar because of the interesting, hand-crafted cocktails. The cabins on Victory are much, much bigger and have been remodeled since our last cruise (no more tube TVs). Our Sky cruise had a whole lot of very loud people on it but since you're looking at a 4-day cruise instead of a weekender, you'd probably have less of an issue with that.

Have fun, whichever you choose!