Arcadia Sun Deck Cabins

JackEdinburgh

There's loads of threads about cabins elsewhere on Arcadia and other ships in the line but nothing, I can see, about the sun deck (deck 10) cabins.

Would anyone with first hand experience like to share their thoughts?

Thanks

We stayed in the mini suite on that deck. It was huge.

This was straight after the worldie. I think they had been put in just before that.

No noise from the sun deck above as that was closed while they redid the roof as it leaked.

The balconies hang out from the ship..ie nothing under the balcony until you reach the sea. I have no head for heights,but for some reason I could cope with that. If I remember correctly the balcony was long and thinish.you could not see down on the balconies from the deck above. Could be windy sometimes as there is nothing to deflect it.

I personally never heard any noise from the crows nest. OH said he did a couple of times. More likely to hear noisy people near the lifts.

I did a search on the forum about these cabins. this is the result

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/search.php?searchid=93971627

not sure how many of them will help you....hopefully some might.

Your link didnt work for me....but I found this ....

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2286298&highlight=Sun+deck+cabins+arcadia

I had a single cabin on this deck to Iceland in the summer, it had some really good points but depending on the itinerary the experience may not be so positive.

The cabin was more spacious than the last cabin for 2 I had the previous trip on Arcadia, I loved the location to be fair. I was however a frequent customer of the Crows nest, it really was my local. The itinerary meant that the pool roof was always closed, as I did wonder what the noise would be like if it was open. To be honest, when I am on a cruise I sleep like I cannot at home and sleeping in until lunchtime is a regular occurrence, as the sunbed area wasn't used much, as it was cold, this wasn't a problem, but if you are off somewhere hot I think this could be very noisy. Also as a person looking for something to do at midnight, the evening noise in the crows nest was never an issue. People do not seem to walk about on the sun deck too much so there isn't much traffic past your cabin. Also, it is often easier to get a lift as they always seem to come up to the top floor.