Carnival Ecstasy update

just got the update. storm has passed Charleston but earliest port will open is mon. for those that still go will get prorated refund, $100 per person OBC, and 50% off another 2-7 day cruise.

out of curiosity, does anybody knows how that works? do they give you a voucher for the 50% off or what?

Edited by jd10013

Just bumping this thread to see if @wrennies made it out of Charleston ok. Was your car (or any other passengers cars) flooded/damaged? Do you know if they made the majority of cruisers park on higher levels in area parking garages before you even left Charleston, knowing a hurricane was headed towards the US? I was in downtown Charleston on Tuesday and noticed the big parking lot (used for cruises) near the terminal didn't have as many cars in it as I thought it would and wondered if they had parking elsewhere as a precaution. Hope you all made it home ok!

Got off the Ecstasy yesterday morning, probably one of the FASTEST debarkations I have done in my limited cruising experience. We were walking off the ship at 7:40 & driving out of the warehouse by 8:10. BTW, we are simple cruisers, no liquor, no tobacco, etc.

I was one of the really worried people about our car. We parked in the warehouse a stone's throw from where the ship was docked. All cars looked fine including ours. Only indication of rain or a hurricane was a really big puddle right inside the warehouse.

As we were sailing through the Atlantic on Saturday, the more I thought about it (OR the more my hubby told me to stop worrying) I realized that if there was significant damage to the parking area at the port, it was feasible to assume we would not be able to dock at the port, due to damage to the port / docking area. We also decided if there was damage to the parking area at the port where sooooo many of Carnival's guests would be parked, surely Carnival would kindly let its guests know about problems & direct them to Port Authorities for assistance, once off of the ship. Since we never received any information like that, as we prepared to debark I was less anxious.

Edited by lilchief27
clarity