? for MauiLuvr about E728

BigAft

Yes, there is noise of two main varieties:

1) Docking noise from the thrusters (or something). When the ship is coming around to "park" in its port space, we get this loud grinding-type noise. If it's 6 a.m. and you're wanting to sleep in, that can be a pain in the behind but, as I just posted in another thread, we had early wake-up calls due to early excursions almost every day, so it really wasn't a major problem for me/us except on the final day when they started "parking" around 4:45 a.m. ARGH! (yawn)

2) Noise from the Vista Lounge below us on Promenade Deck. I have heard "sound" coming from the Vista Lounge many times on two different cruises in E728. However, I have never found the noise so obtrusive that I couldn't sleep. I seem to recall that my companions in E729 said it was different (noise more obtrusive) over on that side.

None of the noise I heard would stop me from booking E728 again. After all, there is all kinds of noise in all kinds of places, NOT just the aft. For example, when I sailed in a Dolphin mini-suite in 2002, my cabinmate and I were awakened by a horrifyingly loud screeching sound which scared the BEJESUS out of us (we thought the ship had run aground!). That turned out to be the sound of a lifeboat (which was stored just under our cabin) being lowered down on a wench to the water to be used as a tender! So ya just never know what you're going to deal with! I would MUCH rather deal with the "parking" noise in E728 than the horrible noise we had amidships on Dolphin, but that's me. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[B]Golden Princess 5/2004 (Southern)[/B]
[B]Golden Princess 3/2003(Eastern)[/B]
[B]Grand Princess 5/2002 (Western)[/B]
[B]Grand Princess 5/1999 (Eastern)[/B]

Archived