Travel Tripod

I recently purchased a Manfrotto Compact tripod with 3-way head for travel and other uses. I like the video-type head for still camera use. It is 65" tall fully extended and collapses to just under 18" for compact carry and easily fits into a carry-on bag for air travel. It comes with a padded carry bag that you can sling over a shoulder. I'm happy with mine and it seems like a good travel tripod option. They list for $100 new. I found mine used for a bit less than $50 on ebay. Be careful with ebay, many used/demo ones don't come with the quick-release plate. That's another $15 and there are no cheap knock-off plates that I could find. Note that it does not come with any bubble levels. I use a bubble level that fits into the camera hot shoe. Also note that the handle sticking out to the side folds down beside the primary handle for compact storage. The center column is reversible for close-up shots with the tripod over something like a flower or something on the ground.

Post your favorite travel tripod and why you like it.

https://www.manfrotto.us/manfrotto-mkcompactadv-bk-compact-advanced-with-3-way-head-black

uuid-1800px-inriverimage_380214.jpg

Edited by flatlander321