Duty free in Dubai airport arrivals hall.

arzier

Thank you for your reply Downunder. I should have been more specific. We are looking to buy some wine to take on board QM2 with us. I am presuming that in the duty free at Arrivals they do have alcohol:)

We have transited through on quite a few occasions but it will be our first time staying in Dubai.

I was in Dubai last week :)

I don't drink myself, but there is certainly plenty of alcohol in the duty free shops........though I wouldn't know specifically about wine I'm afraid

As the previous poster said, Dubai airport is massive and there are shops everywhere :D

Amazingly clean and efficient airport, with friendly and helpful staff :)

dear arzier,

i love Swiss ( both the country as the airline - even the european business) but the duty free prices in swiss airports are not friendly at all

do you have a stopover somewhere ? Germany France ??

despite the prices for cigarettes are friendly in Dubai duty free , the prices for alcohol are NOT .

even on Emirates alcohol is for "€ euro " people not attractive.

maybe to the Swiss franc it is not so high ?

if eventually you do have a stopover buy it in the euro-linked "stopover " airport .

Hi Vistaman

We are actually passing through Geneva airport , Heathrow, Indira Gandhi Airport Dehli and finally Dubai. The cruise is at the tail end of a longer holiday! We didn't want to carry duty free around with us, especially during our stay in India, and so thought that it would be best to buy it in Dubai airport. Maybe we could look at the airport in Dehli as an option.

Thanks for your input.

with the recent downfal of the UK pound the choice at Heathrow is not bad at all especially for better champagnes

maybe you can buy 2 bottles at heathrow ??

but go to the duty free shop not to a branch of the famous London department stores

usually there is good choice of white burgundy by Louis Latour and some red Bordeaux - medium scale

if you buy for a certain amount , usually there is a champagne at an even better price - so spend some 50 £ and you can buy champagne normally at 39 for 30 £

to give you a thought about alcohol prices in Dubai - i was in a bar of a upscale hotel - a glass of decent champagne was nearly 39 € - not eligible for the happy hour

(in a 4 starred airport hotel : glass of white wine 12 € )

so i went for an happy hour drink - but the wodka cocktail was still 15 € ( original 29 but 2 for 1 ... )

I was in Dubai last week :)

I don't drink myself, but there is certainly plenty of alcohol in the duty free shops........though I wouldn't know specifically about wine I'm afraid

As the previous poster said, Dubai airport is massive and there are shops everywhere :D

Amazingly clean and efficient airport, with friendly and helpful staff :)

Dubai airport has an excellent wine selection in the arrivals hall which doubles for departures. We have bought wine there many times to take with us when staying at an hotel in Dubai.

Thank you for all your input. As our cruise is not until April 2017 we will see how the Swiss franc to the £ is doing then (:D) and buy in Heathrow if the £ is still low. Otherwise we will buy in Dubai.