Viking Ocean Cruises

Seasick00

We had a terrific cruise last year which included the Baltic with Viking. We travelled mid-late May. Weather was mostly great temps for travel, although there was rain in a few ports. That said, those ports have rain throughout and is very common. We also enjoyed that the crowds were lower than summer months.

We took the Homelands cruise Sept 4-18-packed for cool and rainy weather-but we had beautiful weather-sunny and only a few drops of rain in St. Petersburg-in fact in Germany, the temperature was close to 90 !!! We had sun in all of the ports in Norway which is known for its rainy weather. I think it is very hard to predict which time of year is best for weather in the Baltics.

On our Sept cruise, the sea was really calm in the Baltic but when we got into the North Sea on our way to Norway, there was only a slight chop but nothing to interfere with anything you wanted to do. We had brought Bonine and ginger candies with us but never opened them!!!!

We had very smooth sailing in the Baltic in May. We also had very little is any humidity -

We had rough seas coming out of Gibraltar During the early part of our cruise, and also coming out of Stavanger in the North Sea. I understand that is not unusual. I brought out the Bonnie and ginger! 😂