Family Stateroom - Oasis of the Seas

Indee96

First time cruiser and have a quick question or two. We booked a room for myself, DH and DD age 6 & 9 for April 2017. We have room 12597. I think this room only has a sofa bed. I'm going to try changing it to one with a pullman but I just noticed the Family Staterooms. Do you have to have 5 people in your party to book that room? Is it a lot more expensive? I can't seem to find anything on it and nothing comes up when I try to find it on the RCCL webpage. I would just like to have an idea what I'm looking for when I call. Thanks!

Indee96,

Try this link:

Two family cabins here but not much description.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/home.do?cabincls=B&br=R&shipCode=OA

Or if you want to try the Sky Class (a lot more money) use this link for a Royal Family Suite with Balcony:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/home.do?cabincls=D&br=R&shipCode=OA

More of a description of the Royal Family Suite with Balcony:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sky

Hope this helps.

Chris :)

There are interior, oceanview, and balcony family staterooms. As well as the already mentioned Royal Family Suites. We had an oceanview family room on Mariner years ago and it was great. You can google oasis of the seas family stateroom and there are several youtube videos of the different kinds. Like cb said call them and see what they have.

If Memory Serves Correctly

Family Rooms: Inside | Ocean-View | Balcony Or Suite

Have to be Booked Via Royal Or Travel Agent NOT Website

Royal Prefers 5 persons in these rooms

But if said cruise is filling slowly they will let a less then five persons in these rooms.

I've seen videos on YouTube that show 3 people in the family Staterooms

Royal Prefers 5 persons in these rooms

But if said cruise is filling slowly they will let a less then five persons in these rooms.

I've seen videos on YouTube that show 3 people in the family Staterooms

This is what happened to us. We are a family of 3 that originally booked a GS on the Allure Halloween cruise. About 40 days out from our sailing RC released a Royal Family Suite online and I upgraded that day. That is why I check the prices and availability daily, or I did at least. Same thing happened on our Mariner cruise years ago but before I booked. I looked at the cruise and about a month before sailing they released the OV family stateroom and I booked it.

Best to call if you want one from the beginning.