St Thomas tour

Mooma7

Will be on the Regal November 13, looking into a day tour in St Thomas, sightseeing, shopping and maybe beach stop. Traveling with a young 86 year old with some back issues and was wondering how comfortable the safari vehicle is? is it a hard bench seat? Very bumpy? Any recommendations? looked at Godfrey, sunny Liston and David fun tours, comments please. We are new to cruising, only 2 of 4 have every cruised and only 1 each..any help much appreciated.

we did joe's island tour in st.thomas.great tour of the island and a 2 hour beach stop at secret harbour resort.roads are bumpy and lots of curves.can be hard to get down from the bus.saw lot's of the island and learned a lot too.seats are cushioned but did not see seatbelts.they may have been there but did not use.very well run tour group .enjoy you cruise

I am only 63 but have pretty bad back issues. If I booked an excursion such as the one you are asking about I would have to double up on pain meds first just to be able to deal with the ride. Be sure your "young 86" with back problems won't be in major pain before booking something of this sort.

Note: I haven't taken the tour you are referencing but I know my back and would definitely need double pain meds. Hopefully the person you are traveling with knows his/her own body well enough to make this decision.