Angkor Wat excursion from Ovation of the Seas

Happyreb

We did the Angkor Wat excursion from the voyager in 2012. I can honestly say that it is the best shore excursion we have ever done with RCI (although it was expensive). The guides we had were absolutely brilliant and could not do enough for us. The hotel was great and we really enjoyed the food. I would definitely recommend it.

$3200 for two people seems like a waste of money to me. I would like to go, but....

I am pretty certain, you could fly to and from Singapore to Phnom Phen and back, stay in 5 star hotels eat the best food, hire the best guide and save at least $1000 if not $2000. Did the same thing in Peru to see Macchu Picchu in 2005, stayed at the same hotels took the same train rides, ate in the same restaurants for less than 1/2 the price Holland America tried to charge. That said, it does require you to make your own plans.

See you next April!

JC

We did the Angkor Wat excursion from the voyager in 2012. I can honestly say that it is the best shore excursion we have ever done with RCI (although it was expensive). The guides we had were absolutely brilliant and could not do enough for us. The hotel was great and we really enjoyed the food. I would definitely recommend it.

That's quite a recommendation, thank you!

I am concerned about the cost; but I'm planning to price out the equivalent trip on my own to find out what type of premium I'm paying. I am willing to pay a bit extra to avoid the worry of having to coordinate all of it on my own. If I were traveling with a group, I might feel differently.

That's quite a recommendation, thank you!

I am concerned about the cost; but I'm planning to price out the equivalent trip on my own to find out what type of premium I'm paying. I am willing to pay a bit extra to avoid the worry of having to coordinate all of it on my own. If I were traveling with a group, I might feel differently.

Just did a quick search flight from Singapore to Siem Reap round trip less than $200 per person. Then added a suite in the highest rated hotel I could find with airport transfers for less than $1200 per person for 3 nights including the flights. The most expensive guided trip I could find was around $120 per person, many private tours of Angkor Wat are as cheap a $40 a person per day.

I do understand the value of booking with the cruise line. It just seems like a lot for convenience.

Whatever you choose, I envy your trip though. I want to go there someday. Looks amazing.

JC