Does this sound fair?

MotherofTrips

I also would take into consideration whether or not the other family can easily afford the fare. If they can, I would charge them the fare for one person. If it's a problem, I would charge them $0 to $500, depending on what you think they can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Viv0828

No, it is not fair. Either charge her her share of the cost of the cabin she is staying in or don't let her come. Probably, it would have been better not to invite her in the first place.

If, as the guest's parent, you came to me with this extra $500 request I would likely call the whole thing off. It shows bad taste to invite someone on vacation and then make them pay your daughter's fare.

I am actually stunned at how many people think this is acceptable.

Where did you get that I was charging them an extra $500? What I said was that zi am paying $500 for my daughter as Guest 5 in my cabin. To put her in a second cabin would be between $100 and $1100. So it would cost MR $500 more to change her room

I agree! We have taken a friend of my daughter's on the last 4 cruises, and we paid for it. We invited, we pay. Looks like that just us though! :eek:

It's more like my daughter came to me and said can she come on vacation with us she will pay her own way. This family invited my daughter on their cruise Easter Week but it would have cost me way too much.

If I would have already booked 2 cabins and it was only a matter of paying a little extra to take her, then I wouldn't even have been discussing this. In order to accommodate her coming would be causing me to fork out more money