Interconnected rooms versus family oceanview

williamsk

Sailing on the independence and noticed that a few family oceanviews have become available. We are currently booked in two interconnecting oceanviews. We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 8yo 3yo, and twin 18 month olds). Given a choice which would you prefer? Like the larger living space of the family oceanview, but it might be nice to have two bathrooms and solid walls (versus a curtain separating the bunk beds from the primary living area).

Sailing on the independence and noticed that a few family oceanviews have become available. We are currently booked in two interconnecting oceanviews. We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 8yo 3yo, and twin 18 month olds). Given a choice which would you prefer? Like the larger living space of the family oceanview, but it might be nice to have two bathrooms and solid walls (versus a curtain separating the bunk beds from the primary living area).

With 4 kids I would prefer the 2 bathrooms. Also if you're after final payment, which is usually when the family rooms seem to pop up online, you'll be charged a cancellation fee for one of the two rooms.

I would keep what you have...two bathrooms!

The living space will be bigger than the living space in one cabin but you will be able to spread out. More space for luggage and are you going to have Pack n'Plays for the little ones?

We are a family of 5 and just stayed in a family room superior balcony oceanview stateroom on the Oasis of the Sea. We were amazed at the extra space and open feel. It was almost 280 sq ft and felt like to staterooms combined. My kids are older, but I would choose the family room again in a heart beat.

We have booked inter connecting rooms for our next cruise. The 2 bathrooms, coupled especially with a teenager, and being able to at least shut the door on them every now and again, made it a no brainer.

More room, more storage space, and a bit more breathing space for each other :) 320 sq.ft total for 2 PRs, and a window for the little one to watch the promenade go by :)

Would have been on top of each other far more if in a family room.

Edited by KPRH

You really only have 2 kids that might use the bathroom...I'm betting the 18 mo. olds are still in diapers! In this case, if the suite is the same price or less, than the 2 connecting...I'd go with the suite! If the kids were older, I'd keep the 2 cabins.

We are also a family of 6. We did 2 connecting ocean view cabins on Freedom last year and were very happy with our choice. I would not want to be confined to one space with little ones. NO privacy for the adults is unworkable in my opinion (a curtain does not count to me). What do you do if the kids go to bed and the parents want to stay up and talk, watch TV, etc? And as already been mentioned 2 bathrooms and the total space might actually be bigger in 2 rooms.