Breakaway Balconies

nepacruisers

Looking for opinions and feedback from my fellow cruisers who have experienced some of the different balconies on the breakaway. I would prefer to have a larger balcony and am considering an aft balcony or a large balcony. For those of you who have sailed in either or better yet both, what have you liked/disliked about these balconies? Which did you prefer? Is there more wind or noise with either location? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

In April, we had a regular (tiny) balcony. In September, I had an aft balcony (12906) on deck 12. LOVED the size of the balcony! We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and that little side table. We did hear a little bit of the bass from Spice at night, but not enough to keep us awake. I imagine if I was up higher, there might have been a problem.

In April, we had a regular (tiny) balcony. In September, I had an aft balcony (12906) on deck 12. LOVED the size of the balcony! We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and that little side table. We did hear a little bit of the bass from Spice at night, but not enough to keep us awake. I imagine if I was up higher, there might have been a problem.

I am currently looking at 12908 so thanks for the noise information. Sounds like that deck should be fine. Still curious about the large balconies toward the front.... any other cruisers who want to share their insights?

We had an aft balcony on the Breakaway in June on deck 9. Loved everything about it! No complaints at all. It was huge and never had a problem with noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I have only had the regular balcony in the past and know I want one of the larger ones. Appreciate the feedback.

Now, if you're funny about the bed location, 12908 has the bed by the closet, couch by the balcony. My in-laws were in that cabin. 12906 has the bed by the balcony.

Most of the cabins I have been in have had the bed by the closet, so that will be okay with me. I see we are neighbors, I work in Tunkhannock. It is always a small world here at cruise critic.

Just returned from the 16 - 23 Oct cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway. We had an Aft Balcony and LOVED it! Very little wind except for our last sea-day when the ship had a tail wind. Salt was accumulating on all surfaces from the sea spray. We were on Deck 11 and agree with the previous comment about noise from Spice H2O. We could hear the bass but it didn't keep us up. In 11910 the bad is by the balcony and couch by the closet.

Only other comment was that on Fri night after leaving Bermuda and all day Sat the ship was moving along at 18-19 knots (the two day trip there was 11 knots) the movement of the ship created annoying "creaking" noises in the cabin. again, not enough to keep us awake (we were exhausted) but was annoying.

I would do it again.

Look for "angled" balcony rooms located where the bump out is... they are the price of a balcony with substantially more balcony space because of that angle (between 33 - 50% depending on who you ask). I am booked in 13778 and it something to consider. Just take care to look at the map because some of the angles are facing forward and some are facing aft